What to Expect From Your Marketing Agency?
Digital marketing can seem rather intimidating – especially to someone who’s attempting to enter the digital landscape for the first time.
Even if you know how beneficial digital marketing can be and what it could do for your business, the decision to hire a marketing agency is still a big one.
What can you actually expect from the process, though? How does it work? How will the agency help you reach your goals and improve your bottom line?
If you’re unsure what to expect from your digital marketing agency, you might want to stick around. Today, we’re looking at what goes on behind the scenes to show you what Pastilla offers to clients – and give you a taste of what working with a marketing agency actually looks like.
Services & Workflow
Every marketing agency – and there are thousands around the globe – is different, specializing in different niches, employing different tactics, and operating within different industries and types of media.
If you are not quite sure what kind of services you can expect from a marketing agency, we don’t blame you. Things can get confusing in that department.
They don’t have to be, though.
And if you choose Pastilla as your trusted digital marketing partner, they will gladly walk you through their process of creating a marketing strategy that’s perfectly tailored to whatever it is you hope to accomplish.
With that said, Pastilla’s process looks a bit like this:
- Discover & Understand – You must get to know each other first. So, you’ll use this initial stage to understand your wants and needs and discuss the budget, objectives, timeline – and your current market position. It’s about setting solid foundations for everything you’ll do from this point onward.
- Build & Strategize – Once you have a thorough understanding of your business and your goals, you’ll start working on developing a custom strategy and, essentially, a roadmap to success. Don’t worry; Pastilla will guide you through what you need to do – and which strategies and methods Pastilla needs to employ – to accomplish your pre-defined goals.
- Execute & Launch – This stage is when the real magic happens. Pastilla takes everything they have learned about your business, your objectives, and your audiences and launches your campaign based on that, developing and managing every aspect of it from the ground up.
- Analyze & Optimize – Their work does not end once your campaigns are up and running. The agency will continue to track its performance, analyze data, report back to you about your ROI, and make data-driven calls to optimize their approach as needed.
Now that you have some insights into how their work is carried out – a glimpse at everything that goes on in the background to make sure Pastilla delivers the desired outcome – they would like to take a moment to go over the essential services they offer as a digital marketing agency.
Their creative services combine industry data and creative storytelling to build and launch brands that command attention in the ever-evolving digital marketplace and resonate with the audience.
Pastilla’s creative services include:
- Brand strategy begins with performing a brand audit and identifying your target demographics before moving on to brand positioning and messaging
- Design services, including things like creative concept development, creating a naming system for your brand or products, developing a visual identity system, and using unique visual content
- UX/UI services, designing intuitive interfaces that ensure a seamless experience
- Video content creation, an extensive service that covers concept development, writing, VO casting and recording, 2D and 3D animation, and post-production
If the one-size-fits-all approach to marketing worked as you imagine it does, you wouldn’t need to hire a marketing agency in the first place. You could just do whatever everyone else is doing – and get the same results.
But marketing doesn’t work that way.
That’s why the Pastilla team wants to get to know you (and your brand) and understand your objectives before developing a tailored strategy that meets them.
Pastilla’s marketing services encompass a long list of services, including:
- Earned media services, including affiliate marketing, social media marketing, and SEO (search engine optimization)
- Paid media services, including Google, Bing, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest ads, and integrations
- Owned media services, including email marketing, content management, and utilizing machine learning
If your business is stepping into the digital landscape for the first time, or perhaps you’re looking to develop your online presence further, you might want to look into their development services.
A stellar digital user experience is imperative in today’s market. Your competition already knows it, your customers expect it – and Pastilla can help you achieve it.
Pastilla’s development services cover:
- Discovery and prototypes
- Custom development
- Creating e-Commerce websites, including Woocommerce, Shopify, and Magento
- Mobile app development
- Creating blog websites
- Hosting services
Whether you’re hoping to launch an e-Commerce store, start a blog, develop an app, or get the hang of this whole “digital storefront” thing, the Pastilla team can help.
Working With a Digital Marketing Agency: Tips for a Smooth Experience
Okay, let’s assume you’ve found the right digital marketing agency to handle your project.
What happens next?
Should you just give the agency complete control and wait for the results? Or is there something you could do to ensure that the process goes as smoothly as possible?
Well, as it turns out, it’s a little bit of both.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when working with a marketing agency:
Establish Clear Expectations
Whether you’re hiring a digital marketing agency for a specific, one-time task or have a set of objectives and a time frame in mind, you have to state any and all expectations you have right away. Communicating your goals and expectations in a clear and concise manner is half the battle.
Be Flexible About Your Roadmap
Of course, you know what you want to achieve and in what direction you want the marketing agency to take you. That does not imply that you shouldn’t be flexible about how you get there, though. Be open to trying new things and taking alternative routes – as long as they take you to the finish line.
Offer Feedback Throughout the Process
You shouldn’t be afraid to speak up – whether the feedback you offer is positive or negative. Being open and transparent is crucial here – and your feedback, comments, and suggestions are more than welcome. Your agency can’t help you if you don’t let them know what works for you and what doesn’t.
Keep It Realistic
You need to understand that while marketing experts can promise you deliverables and outputs, they can’t promise you exact numbers and outcomes. And you shouldn’t expect that, anyway, because marketing outcomes are often nothing more than calculated guesses. So, keep it reasonable and realistic, and don’t expect instant results; you’ll only end up disappointed.
Don’t Fall Into Micromanagement Habits
It’s understandable that you want to oversee and be involved in the process; it’s your business we’re talking about here. However, you need to realize that trying to micromanage a marketing agency can only end poorly – and learn to trust your agency partner.
Their number one advice here is:
Don’t just pick any marketing agency. Do your research, inquire about their previous work, and get to know what they specialize in and how their areas of expertise line up with your specific needs.
A little bit of research will, hopefully, help you find a great marketing partner – an agency you can trust and work with long-term. And with the right digital marketing agency in your corner, you will have the necessary tools to grow and flourish – online and offline.
Want to know how teaming up with Pastilla can help you reach your business goals and improve your online presence? Get in touch with the Pastilla Team!