We’re looking for a UX Designer to join our team on a contract basis for 2-3 months, with a possibility of continued work.
Radish Lab is a purpose-driven creative agency, shaping stories and sharpening brands for organizations improving the world. Right now we’re working with organizations developing innovative approaches to extreme poverty, creating a better world for refugees, and fighting climate change.
We are looking for a UX Designer with an excellent eye for design, detail, and user experience. You’re comfortable working within an iterative and collaborative process. You have an intentional, holistic, and systems-thinking approach to your work. You’re equally energized sketching high-level user flows as well as navigating the details of content operations. Plus, you’ve got a sense of humor.
What You’ll Do:
As a UX Designer you will contribute to a variety of purpose-driven projects ranging from large-scale consumer-facing websites to branding and collateral work to campaigns, under the management of our Creative and Managing Director and feedback and support from our Senior Designer.
- Work with project Strategist and SEO & Analytics lead to conduct stakeholder interviews, facilitate focus groups, conduct user research, research competitors, audit websites, and review data
- Work with project Strategist to synthesize research into an insights deck, present and articulate ideas with clarity to internal and external teams
- Formulate features and requirements into a project approach, including IA and UX artifacts such as site maps, information architecture, user journey maps, user personas, wireframes, and low-fidelity prototypes in order to demonstrate application of insights
- Create thoughtful and actionable solutions that balance client’s goals with people’s real needs
- Guide clients through content strategy and content creation process
- Write compelling, user-friendly copy for key UX touchpoints that guides the user and embodies the voice of the brand
- Use systems thinking to identify outside factors, unknowns, technical constraints, future maintainability, and edge cases that can impact a user experience
- Collaborate with other designers and developers to ensure the design and implementation meets business goals
- Take direction from teammates regarding organizing and prioritizing work on a weekly basis
- Refine and improve quality and rigor of Radish Lab’s internal UX process incorporating learnings from projects and documenting clearly
About Radish Lab:
Radish Lab launched in 2012 to work on projects we believe in, with clients we click with. And today, we’re still invested in much more than just the end-product.
In our approach to working with clients we are committed to working:
With empathy, not ego.
With them, not for them.
With integrity, not just ideas.
Radish Lab is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Pay is hourly and dependent on experience. Remote candidates are encouraged to apply. Regular availability from 9 AM to 5 PM EST is required.
Radish is interested in hiring the best candidate for this role. We recognize that education and experience can be attained in a variety of ways and that many skill sets are transferable. If you believe you might be a good fit, don’t hesitate to apply.
- Can work with a variety of people, listen and ask questions to identify new design opportunities, and cultivate strong relationships to ensure seamless collaboration
- Ability to practice active listening, asking questions to get to the root of a problem
- Ability to communicate clearly and articulate jargon to general audiences, explain the logic behind decisions, and craft compelling narratives about work
- Is self sufficient and accountable in daily tasks and time management, and is able to ask for help when roadblocks and challenges arise
- A demonstrated commitment to social change in a professional or personal context
- A genuine desire to work with a team of kind, empathetic, and curious people looking to create thoughtful and meaningful work, while also having fun
Job Application Link: https://radishlab.recruitee.com/o/ux-designer-at-socialimpact-design-agency-contractor
Our member agencies are always looking for the best candidates to hire.