Senior User Experience Designer
Luminary is looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to join their team in Melbourne.
Position: Senior User Experience Designer
Posted: 12 August 2021
Luminary is committed to being the agency of choice for the brightest minds in digital.
We have been certified a Great Place to Work for the last 6 years in a row in Australia. This year we were also certified in Indonesia for the first time.
We have a talented team of bright individuals who operate as a single distributed team spread throughout Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Bali. We have offices in each of those cities and we provide a flexible work from anywhere policy that supports team members and their families.
You can meet the team here and find out all about who you will be working with https://www.luminary.com/about.
When people join us, they’re generally here for the long term with an average tenure of over 5.5 years.
The team are experts in their field working across digital transformation, user research, design, development and infrastructure. The team have won many awards and are known for their expertise.
Luminary is a certified Benefit Corporation (B Corp) that seeks to balance people, profit and planet. https://www.luminary.com/blog/luminary-joins-global-b-corp-movement
Luminary is a digital agency with 68+ passionate professionals that are committed to creating digital experiences that matter. Since 1999 we have been developing digital strategy, delivering websites and web applications for a broad range of clients, from large multinationals, to government departments and well-known Australian brands. We are proud of the work we produce and we’re even prouder of our team.
We are one of the best digital agencies in the APAC region. This is your chance to be part of it!
We would prefer that you are based in Melbourne, however we are open to applications from other locations in Australia.
A Senior UXD at Luminary is responsible for the delivery of industry leading user experience practices. Reporting to the UX Director, this is a highly collaborative and team-oriented role with the aim of elevating the quality and role of human centred design, research and user experience in the agency. In addition, a Senior UXD is expected to help build and grow awareness of Luminary by extending the quality and offering of Luminary’s UX services.
Scope of the role:
The User Experience function serves to develop strategic and human centred solutions for our clients. The key responsibilities outlined below are not intended to be exhaustive, but rather indicative of the type and range of activities expected within this role.
Doing the work:
• Produce and deliver exceptional quality strategic and user experience design solutions as briefed by clients, producers, account managers and management. This includes leading and facilitating:
• Wireframing & prototyping
• Workshop facilitation & design thinking (Desirable)
• Qualitative user research (Desirable)
• Converting customer insight into design opportunities
• Concept & Usability testing
• Persona development and customer journey mapping
• Information architecture (Cardsorting & Testing)
• Produce quality work that creates opportunity for new clients
• Produce work that is recognised by our peers as of the highest quality (e.g. awards, positive feedback, designers wanting to work with us, etc.)
• Produce work that defines best practice in our industry
• Produce advice and work that can be effectively and efficiently implemented
Leading the work:
• Develop strong working relationships with clients, that are proactive and contribute to a culture of innovation and excellence
Improving the work:
• Work with all teams to develop integrated solutions and improve/expand the services Luminary provides to clients
Essential skills & experience:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Workshop facilitation experience
• At least 3-5 years experience in user experience design roles
• Experience working within cross-functional teams
• The ability to remain calm under pressure, and maintain a positive attitude
• Previous exposure to agile and waterfall delivery models
• An ability to work autonomously and take responsibility
Job Application Link: https://www.linkedin.com/company/luminaryhq/jobs/