Senior .NET Developer
Tangent is looking for a Senior .NET Developer to join their team in London.
Tangent have an exciting position for an experienced Sitecore developer with an element of full stack experience, who is passionate about delivering code the right way. You will be working directly with the client and an internal technical architect and the UX/UI design team. The role is mainly working with .NET Framework CMS applications, such as Sitecore and Umbraco. These applications are hosted in Azure.
We are willing to accept remote applicants given the current climate however travel to the London office will be required from time to time when safe to do so.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
• Expert knowledge of C#, Razor, .NET Framework and MVC
• Working knowledge of Sitecore (v9+); certification would be a distinct advantage
• Umbraco development experience
• Experience with other .NET Framework CMSs such as Kentico or Episerver
• API Development
• Microservice architecture
• Experience working in a digital agency and has worked with project managers, UX/UI designs, internal, near-shore and off-shore development and QA teams
• Experience working within an agile development team and peer reviewing code
• Familiarity with object-oriented design and design patterns
• Experience with Azure (IaaS, PaaS including Serverless e.g. Functions)
• Comfortable with CI/CD through dev, stage, UAT and production
• The ability to estimate technical effort, licensing and hosting costs and clearly communicate them to non-technical users
• The ability to highlight technical risks and communicate potential mitigation strategies to a Project Manager to enable them to make informed decisions
• Plan, design and write automated tests include unit using NUnit, integration
• Expertise with development methodologies such as DDD, BDD and TDD
The successful individual should be:
• An excellent communicator – able to communicate technical information succinctly and meaningfully to non-technical colleagues and clients
• Able to run workshops with various stakeholders to define technical requirements
• Able to work as part of a team, working closely with Project Managers, Front end developers and DevOps engineers
• Able to plan; spotting technical risks, issues and dependencies and communicating the impact of these to the project team (with enough lead time to do something about them)
• A self-starter, comfortable working autonomously when needed and being proactive in getting information to move work along when needed
• Used to working in an agency environment, familiar with working to budgets, schedules, completing timesheets, participating in stand ups and providing progress updates
Technical skills required:
• .NET Framework, MVC, C#, Razor
• Sitecore CMS v9+
• SQL Server
• Azure DevOps (similar TeamCity/Optopus/Jenkins etc)
• Entity Framework
• Lucene Indexes such ElasticSearch or SOLR
Bonus points if you have:
• .NET Core
• Other CMSs such as Episerver or Kentico
• AWS or GCP
• Modern front-end frameworks such as React, Vue or Angular
• Varnish Cache
• Experience working within a digital agency environment would be beneficial
What we give in return:
People are our biggest asset and we work hard to make sure Tangent is not only a fun place to work but also provides a platform for you to grow.
Mentorship. You will be working as part of a talented and experienced team. Our passion and desire to do great work is infectious.
Training. Learning new skills, attending events. We provide the time and budget to help you grow.
Flexibility. We understand life is about balance and we provide flexibility and support to help you achieve your life goals.
Social life. Yoga, Friday lunches and monthly social events. We have so much going on at Tangent; all designed to help you form friendships with your colleagues.
Benefits. We reward our people generously for their hard work. This includes 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, flexible start and finish times and the ability to work from home from time to time.
At Tangent our aim is to create a working environment where every single member of the team has the opportunity to be themselves. We are an equal opportunities employer and will welcome and consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, sex and sexual orientation.
Job Application Link: https://www.tangent.co.uk/careers