Lead Android Engineer
Y Media Labs is looking for a Lead Android Engineer to join their office in San Francisco.
Position: Lead Android Engineer
Posted: 1 September 2020
As our Lead Android Engineer, it will be your responsibility to ensure YML delivers first-class android products that delight our clients and their customers. Working with our Director of Engineering, you will define standards and proper architecture that guide the team towards success.
Success is achieved by passionately advocating for technical excellence, software quality, and organizational improvements. Through your leadership and mentorship, you will serve as a role model for your team; guiding them to success, milestone after milestone.
As an engineer, the first word that comes to mind that describes YML is “care”. People care about their coworkers, project team, and the products they are building. People want to be the best they can be and it shows in the products we produce.
• Lead and mentor one or more Android teams in the development of user-first mobile applications
• Hands-on contribution to the development of mobile applications. Serve as a role model for code quality, process and its improvements
• Hands-on coding, system analysis, design, and the delivery of digital system
• Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner within project constraints
• Cultivate a collaborative working environment and a culture of ownership with a growing team
• Provide good technical guidance to project team members so that their abilities and the overall project quality are enhanced
• Leader — you are both a team leader and a team player
• Resourceful — you are a go-getter that leads by example, drives self research and is an endless problem solver
• Clear — you provide clear and actionable direction to your team and clients
• Collaborative — a dynamic team player, you are proactive about soliciting and giving feedback
• Passionate — you love quality engineering, design and technology and the role it has in the shaping the future
• 8 years minimum overall experience in software programming with 6 years minimum specializing in Android application development
• At least 3 published applications on the Android Marketplace available for immediate download and review by our team
• Extensive use of Java I/O, Collections, Algorithms and other well known application frameworks
• Comfortable developing rich GUI’s for Android
• Experience with source code management techniques using Git and/or SVN
• Solid grasp of algorithms, memory management, object oriented programming, MVC programming, and concurrent programming
• Extensive experience detecting and correcting memory usage issues, as well as optimizing code for application performance
• A solid understanding of operating system fundamentals such as processes, inter-process communication, multi-threading primitives, race conditions and deadlocks
• Ability to function effectively and communicate with cross-functional teams — Design, Project/Product Management, Quality Assurance, Strategy, Data Science, Innovations Team, Marketing, Talent, etc, and manage continuously changing business needs
Job Application Link: https://ymedialabs.com/careers