Graphic & UX/UI Web Designer
Brand & Mortar is looking for Graphic & UX/UI Web Designer to join their team in Toronto.
Position: Graphic & UX/UI Web Designer
Posted: 8 May 2020
Award-winning communication and marketing agency Brand & Mortar Inc. is looking for a Graphic & UX/UI Web Designer with a minimum of 3 years of professional experience, to join its team and provide design solutions for varied and complex organizational print and web properties.
Your skills and awareness of current best practices, trends, and technologies will help guide our team and help ensure the success of our client projects. As a Graphic & UX/UI Web Designer, you will have the opportunity to learn from and share your skills in our collaborative team-based environment. This position provides a chance to work on a wide array of print and digital projects from establishing user requirements through to final execution.
Please note that this is NOT a junior or technical position. Brand & Mortar is presently looking for a Toronto-based individual who embodies our values of community, curiosity, passion, positivity, and teamwork with a track record of delivery. We look forward to meeting with you to discuss this amazing career opportunity.
• 3 years minimum experience in Graphic and UX in an agency environment
• Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics, and layouts
• Strong sense of design and typography
• Highly creative and willing to contribute to team discussions, collaboration and design direction
• Ability to articulate strategies and client’s vision through creative design
• Must have experience in website design, graphic design for print & digital, creating branding, banners, icons, and similar tasks
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment
• HTML/CSS experience
• Proficient in WordPress, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe After Effects, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint & Excel
What we’d like to see:
• Ability to work independently yet be a very strong communicator
• Must maintain knowledge of current digital best practices and technology
• Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytic skills are necessary
• Must have strong multitasking skills and be able to work under tight deadlines
• Strong organizational and communication skills, both oral and written
• Fluency in English, both written and spoken with a good understanding of English grammar and syntax
• Creative thinker
• Strong passion for design and a portfolio required
• Planning and implementation of new site architecture and wireframes
• Optimization of existing user interface designs to improve UX
• Well-versed in design tools such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Invision, etc.
You must attach the following in your application:
• Anything you feel best represents who you are and what you will do to us
• A link or design portfolio
• LinkedIn profile
Job Application Link: https://brandandmortar.com/careers/#get_started