Front End Developer
Mando is looking for Front End Developers to join their office in Liverpool and London!
Location: Liverpool & London / UK
Position: Front End Developer
It’s an exciting time to join us. We’re continuing to win awards, growing fast and have just moved to fantastic new offices in London and Liverpool. There are loads of social events, from big birthday parties to Friday afternoons around our award-wining beer fridge or in the pub.
• Itching to work on lots of large and exciting digital projects?
• A diligent developer and a pragmatic programmer?
• Always seeking to advance your knowledge?
• Ready to be part of an award-winning team, based in Liverpool, Manchester, or London
• Develop semantic, accessible CSS and HTML mark-up in line with our coding standards, industry standards such as WAI-ARIA, and build upon our MandoStrap HTML5 starter template?
• Be an advocate of Progressive Enhancement, using a layered methodology in your work thus allowing everyone to access basic content and functionality?
• Contribute to the continual improvement of our front-end development team, through sharing knowledge and coaching other developers?
• Check your code to ensure it works correctly cross-browser, according to the stated browser support for the project?
• Improve the quality of your own output through requesting peer reviews of your code by other developers, and actively seeking opportunities to peer review other developers’ code?
• Working closely with other developers who are implementing your front-end code within dynamic applications, acting as the “guardian” of your mark-up?
• Quickly learn new CMS systems and be able to develop templates for them, and use your knowledge to influence early implementation stages?
• Provide estimates for front-end work to feed into sales proposals, and write responses to questions in tender and pre-qualification documents?
• Offer general assistance for quotations and support other team members in the delivery of sales collateral?
Being at the forefront of innovation for household brand names means that every one of us lives and breathes digital solutions. We’re the type of people who always push ourselves that bit further to achieve the best for all involved. We’re a caring bunch and we have each other’s backs. And while we take our responsibilities to our customers very seriously, we know how to have a laugh too. In fact, fun is an integral part of our culture. There’s always loads of regular social events and Friday afternoons are good for a chat around our award-wining beer fridge.
Mando HQ is one of the most technically advanced workspaces in our sector. From open plan dining area and whiteboard walls, to video pod-casting and Wi-Fi equipped roof terrace, everything about our brand new home has been to designed to nurture innovation and collaboration.
As well as an exceptional working environment, a healthy social calendar and a brilliant location, here’s what else we can offer you at Mando.
• Lots of training and development opportunities
• Flexible working hours
• Enhanced holidays
• Enhanced pension contributions
• Health cash-back plan
• Annual rail pass scheme
• Cycle-to-work scheme
• Discounted city centre parking in our Liverpool office
• Childcare vouchers
• Discounted gym membership
• Free healthy snacks every day
• 5+ years’ experience within commercial front-end development teams?
• Familiarity with interactive web application planning and implementation?
• Experience of Git for source control – familiarity with branching, merging (gitflow standard), and Pull Request functionality in BitBucket (or GitHub)?
• An understanding of the landscape of Front-End tools and frameworks?
• Strong communication skills?
• The ability to interpret requirements and suggest creative solutions?
• Exposure to Graphic design and layout (may be advantageous)?
• Experience of mobile & mobile platform development through web applications, native development or hybrid approaches (Cordova, Icenium)?
Mando is a digital agency that simplifies complexity, builds momentum and creates business change. They make beautifully productive digital experiences.
Liverpool Science Park, 131 Mount Pleasant, Liverpool, Merseyside L3 5TF
0845 365 4040