Copywriter & Content Strategist
Skidmore Studio is looking for a Copywriter & Content Strategist to join their team in Detroit.
Position: Copywriter & Content Strategist
Posted: 24 December 2020
At Skidmore Studio, copywriting sits in the Strategy team, and we’re looking for a dynamic individual to fill our open Copywriter & Content Strategist role. The right fit will be able to jump between copy docs, Keynotes, wireframes and SEO keywords without blinking twice. This person will play a supporting role, crafting on-brand copy, messaging, and brand strategies at the direction of the Strategy Directors.
While our team is working remotely for the foreseeable future, this role is full-time and eventually based out of our studio space in Detroit. We’re a close-knit, thoughtful team and excited to add a new member to our ranks.
We help organizations grow through expert brand strategy and design. Our approach is thoughtful, collaborative, and rooted in real business goals. Every member of the Skidmore team is expected to continuously strive to fulfill the Studio’s core purpose and uphold our core values:
Core Purpose: To help good organizations and good people grow.
• Be creative – In all things we do
• Challenge – Ourselves, our clients, and each other
• Team – Work together. Be humble. Extend Grace
• Enjoy – Share positive energy and gratitude
• Integrity – Do the right thing
• Communication – Speak openly and candidly
• Details. Details. Details.
• 3+ years (or equivalent experience) in copywriting, branding, marketing, and/or advertising, with experience in an agency or studio setting
• Experience (and the work samples to prove it) in at least one of the following industries: food & beverage, e-commerce, cannabis, or retail
• Knowledge of AP Style, Chicago Manual of Style, web writing best practices, content marketing best practices, and SEO
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Apple Keynote, and G-Suite, experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred
• Write on-voice copy that’s original, technically perfect, and fulfills the project’s goals; deliverables may range from web copy to radio spots to taglines to product descriptions.
• Participate in establishing voice & tone and creating messaging guides for a diverse range of clients
• Research brands, industries, customers, and audiences; glean useful and sharable insights
• Collaborate with the team—especially designers—to create extraordinary work
• Participate in internal reviews and brainstorms
• Make accurate and timely revisions to your work, based on internal and client feedback; respectfully contribute ideas to improve others’ work
• Support Studio marketing efforts with copy as needed
• Stay knowledgeable and informed in writing, editing, branding, and marketing trends and best practices
• Strategic, organized thinker who’s comfortable with ambiguity
• Rooted in human-centered design principals and research methods
• Excellent writing skills: you view writing as your core competency
• Comfortable in front of clients
• Lover of capital-D Design; it shouldn’t just look pretty—it needs to solve real business problems and consumer needs
• Think holistically about your work and collaborate with other team members to make your own work – and theirs – even better
• Take direction from Strategy Directors, apply it to your work, and learn from their guidance
• Capture and respond to feedback in ways that value others
• Follow Studio processes to deliver work on time and on budget
• Consistently live and uphold studio Core Values
• Desire to remove “not possible” from your vocabulary; substitute with “how might we…”
Skidmore Studio is an equal opportunity employer. Those underrepresented in the creative community are encouraged to apply.
• Paid time off: Paid vacation days, 13 paid holidays per calendar year, and unlimited paid sick/personal time
• Medical Coverage: The Studio pays a portion of the premium for both employees and eligible family members
• Dental Coverage: 100% Studio paid
• Vision Coverage: 100% Studio paid
• 401K Plan: Sponsored 401k retirement savings plan which includes an employer match
• Wellness Reimbursement: Monthly wellness stipend
• Paid Parking: All full-time employees working on-site at the Studio will receive access to free parking
• Wireless Communication Stipend: Stipend for personal cell phone and home internet expenses during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Job Application Link: https://apply.workable.com/skidmore-studio/