Business Development Manager
Radish Lab is looking for a Business Development Manager to join their team in New York.
Position: Business Development Manager
Posted: 9 March 2021
Radish Lab is a purpose-driven creative agency, shaping stories and sharpening brands for organizations improving the world. Right now we’re working with organizations developing innovative approaches to extreme poverty, creating a better world for refugees, and fighting climate change.
We’re searching for a new Business Development Manager who has a track record of helping an agency win new business and a demonstrated passion for the issues our clients are tackling—professionally or extracurricularly.
** Before you Google us… One of the important tools you’ll use in this role is our website. We are launching a rebrand in a few weeks. Take a look here to get a better idea of what you’ll be working with. You thrive creating and nurturing new relationships and are confident presenting in front of clients. You enjoy research and writing and are excited about developing a deep understanding of Radish’s strengths and capabilities.You are energized by the challenges of helping grow a small agency and the ingenuity required. You’re going to come to the interview (well… show up on Zoom) with stories of what has worked in the past and ideas you’d love to try in the future.
You will report to the managing director and grow into a key agency decision maker with responsibility over a critical part of our business.
For larger proposals, you’ll also work closely with our senior staff to spearhead collaborative ideation and pitches. You will overlap 4–8 weeks with the current business development manager to provide a smooth transition.
What you can expect in the role:
• Write proposals that get us noticed. You’ll need to understand what the client is looking for, how Radish’s services can help them, and create a compelling and persuasive proposal that gets us an interview
• Review inbound leads and publicly available RFPs to help decide which ones are a good fit for our capabilities, capacity, and growth strategy
• Lead client calls and presentations to small groups with confidence
• You will be responsible for keeping proposals and pitches moving forward in a timely and organized manner, responding quickly to client communication
• For larger proposals, you will coordinate with strategists, project managers, designers, and developers to gather estimates and ideas that make for a stronger pitchFoster long-term relationships with prospects through in-person and virtual networking
• Manage business development reporting to show progress, gaps, and opportunities to improve the sales pipeline
• Develop and implement sustainable long-term growth strategies that align with our mission and values
• Get Radish in front of our dream clients in innovative and creative ways.Work with the team to think proactively about Radish’s service offerings and how we can potentially better serve our clients
• You won’t be responsible for content marketing, social media, events, and community building… but your input and ideas will be valued
• Paying close attention? Imagine you got this job. Tell us in your cover letter who your dream client for Radish Lab would be. Why? And what would you do to win their business? Start that paragraph with one word: Ideas
• $60k-$90k dependent on Experience
• Performance-based bonus structure
• Medical (Aetna), dental, and vision insurance with FSA options
• Pre-tax MTA MetrocardsAvailable 401(k) plansMembership to Ethel’s Club if you identify as BIPOC
• Opportunities for professional development
• We close two weeks for winter break
• Unlimited vacation policy
• Free Citibike membership and discounts at NYC gyms
• An awesome office vibe, and culture that prioritizes work/life balance
• Kitchen stocked with snacks and beer (when we’re back in the office)
• Incentive program to encourage volunteer work
• Fun (no, really) team-building days
• Friendly, hard-working, and supportive team
This job will be based in Brooklyn, NY; however, remote work from a location within two hours of Eastern Standard Time is okay until at least July of 2021.
A great candidate might have these qualities:
• 2-5 years of business development or related work Experience
• Experience working in a creative agency or similar environment
• A track record of helping a creative agency grow
• A bucket full of new creative ideas for brining the right kind of clients to Radish Lab
• General understanding of the services we provide: web design and development, strategy, and brandingExceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage your own time and work autonomously while meeting deadlines and informing leadership of your activities
• High level of energy, persistence, charisma, motivation, and empathy to work with potential customers and clients throughout our pitch process
• Based in Brooklyn. We have a policy allowing Radishes to work remotely sometimes, but this job needs to be based most of the time in Brooklyn after we all return to the office (Fingers crossed for July.)
And for bonus points:
• You have worked in a social-impact organization AND have experience in business development
• You have a network of contacts within the nonprofit and social-impact space
• You’re interested in employee engagement and passionate about pushing forward DEI initiatives within the company
• Hot tip: if the above apply, give us details in your cover letter
Job Application Link: https://mailtrack.io/trace/link/9bc4d0554d30bff1587c248e546c1f7dac3eb2f4?url=https%3A%2F%2Fradishlab.recruitee.com%2Fo%2Fbusiness-development-manager-at-socialimpact-focused-creative-agency&userId=5376080&signature=46bbacbe185ad909