Tangent Creates a New Sales Platform for IWG’s Global Workforce
IWG is the global leader in the flexible workspace market, providing serviced offices, co-working spaces and virtual meeting rooms and lounges. Tangent has previously worked with IWG across their roster of brands to transform their customer app, improving the user experience for 2.5 million individual clients in 120 countries.
Their work now continues in the IWG tech space, to support their mission of using industry-leading technology to deliver the best real estate solutions for businesses.
Sales Hub Relaunch
The latest project Tangent completed for IWG has been the creation of a comprehensive sales platform: the IWG Sales Hub. The app provides brokers and sales teams the ability to generate tailored solutions to their customers and prospects. Through the app, they can access multiple products, search across the group for availability, and generate customer quotes and agreements.
The project aim was clear: to bring together and ultimately replace a number of existing products with a singular, responsive and intuitive app – built with scalability in mind.
The project has been a year in the making, and involved a global and collaborative effort including IWG product and technical teams.
A project on this scale requires in-depth user and market research to define the user priorities for the app. To begin the process, they conducted valuable research into how the sales teams were using various legacy tools and applications at the time. This allowed the agency to identify unmet user needs and overall better understand the challenges they were facing, and better informed them for the enhancements to be implemented.
- The design of the app has been refined to facilitate richer face-to-face consultation between staff and customers.
- The new tool uses advanced mapping and geocoding to serve the right content to staff, based on their location.
- Discounting and offers are now also available.
To deliver the comprehensive yet seamless experience IWG’s users required, Tangent worked to build the app to the highest technical specifications.
- Built with scalability in mind. It uses a responsive, component-based react.js framework.
- The data is aggregated behind a GraphQL service that provides a single source of truth for the data.
- Hosted in Azure Cloud, providing high availability and performance.
- Browser-based and optimised for use on desktop and tablets – in particular, the Windows Surface Pro used by IWG sales teams.
Tangent is not stopping there – they’ll be continuing to work on a roadmap of features and functionality over the coming year, as well as translating the app into 42 different languages to support IWG’s global function. They’re also continuing to work with IWG across their whole roster of brands, so you can expect more new products and services focusing on improving how IWG sell office space and could better service their existing clients.
Whilst Tangent can’t be more specific at this stage, watch this space as the new products continue to roll-out in 2021.
Tangent solves digital challenges and crafts memorable customer experiences through product design, tech & conversion rate optimisation.