Senior Front End Developer
Beyond is looking for a Senior Front End Developer to join their office in New York.
Location: New York / USA
Position: Senior Front End Developer
You have talent, by happy coincidence, Beyond needs talent.
We’re on the lookout for a Senior Front End (User Interface) Developer to join our NY studio. You’ll have spent at least five years sharpening your skills and constantly keep up-to-date with the latest technical trends, tools and techniques.
As passionate as you are meticulous, you will always apply coding best practices to your work; adhere to specified coding standards and style guides; and help us further the evolution of Beyond’s own development standards and practices.
Above all, you’re an awesome human who loves being surrounded by — and collaborating with — smart, talented folks in a fun, fast-paced environment. If that sounds like you, reach out and show us what you’ve got.
About the role:
What does it mean to be a Senior Front End Developer at Beyond? Well, you’ll have the opportunity to do things like:
• Help design beautiful experiences that transform the world around us
• Apply creative problem solving to all you do
• Move between rapid prototyping/creating proofs of concept to create the initial coded expression of a solution, to participating in the build and delivery of solutions for production and the performance, scalability, security, and other factors enterprise applications demand
• Work closely with Back End Developers, UX Designers, Visual Designers, and Product Leads to deliver compelling web and mobile experiences for our clients and their users
Occasionally work onsite in client offices, collaborating with both client / 3rd Party engineers as part of the broader team
• Work flexibly, proactively, and collaboratively with team members from multiple disciplines
Present your work and communicate thought and reasoning behind it to all audiences, internal and external
Recent code samples must be provided to be considered for this role. Please submit samples with your application, preferably via a link to your GitHub account.
• Object-Oriented Programming and Functional Programming principles and benefits/trade-offs
• Event model and event propagation
• XHR, AJAX, JSON, API development/consumption (concepts and outside of specific framework implementations)
• Rich interactions including CSS and JS animations, Canvas, SVG Frameworks/Libraries
• Cross browser/platform/device development
• Responsive mobile-first web development
• Familiarity debugging browser inconsistencies, both visual and functional
• SVGs and Icon Fonts
Advanced (5+ years) HTML and CSS:
• Semantically correct and valid code a must
• Responsive layouts and various grid systems
• Accessibility (WCAG 2.0 up to AAA)
• Complete understanding of HTML5 tags and attributes
• Complete understanding of CSS3 (Media Queries, Pseudo Classes, 3D Transforms, Advanced Selectors)
• Development such as GIT, Gulp, Grunt, NPM, Browserify, RequireJS
• CSS precompilers (Sass, Bourbon, etc)
• Developing on Cloud Environments (AWS, Google Cloud, Heroku) and build pipelines and tools
• Rapid prototyping
• Exploratory research (without over-engineering or rabbit-holing)
• Significant agile / iterative development experience
• Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
• Familiarity with tools like Figma, Zeppelin,
• Ability to slice and prep assets / production design
• Pixel-perfect design implementations
Bonus points for:
• Native mobile app development (Swift preferred, Objective-C or Java as applicable)
• Python experience, and at a minimum an interest in learning
• Familiarity with ES6, Promises, Shadow DOM, Block Scoping, etc
• Familiarity with Google Cloud specifically (developing for App Engine, using Cloud Storage to host assets, etc)
We’re Beyond, a design company, and we’re focused on empowering you to leave a positive mark on the world. On top of a competitive salary, we offer great health benefits, matching 401K, parental leave, training funds, free snacks, and office dogs. Lots of office dogs. You’ll also get 20 days of PTO your first year, a week at Christmas, and your birthday off (just because).
Job Application Link: https://bynd.com/careers?office=new-york