Front-end Developer (Shopify)
Avex is looking for a Front-end Developer (Shopify) to join their office in New York.
Location: New York / USA
Position: Front-end Developer (Shopify)
Do you want to work with amazing brands? Do you want to collaborate with a fun team to create stunning ecommerce websites? Do you like free beer and a laid back environment? Let’s talk!
Avex is a New York City based digital agency that creates beautiful, high-performing Shopify websites for global brands and small businesses.
As one of New York’s premier Shopify agencies, Avex partners with brands such as: KITH, Pony Sneakers, Marchesa, Nutrex Hawaii, Badgley Mishka, Rocawear, Shutterstock, Eugenia Kim and many others.
We are a small team and we only take on select projects in-order to bring as much value to our clients as possible. We love trying new ideas and pushing the boundaries of development, design and e-commerce. Our company is growing rapidly and we are looking to further build out our development team.
Who are we looking for?
We seek a talented and detailed oriented front-end developer, who is passionate about e-commerce, to help us build e-commerce websites on the Shopify platform. The ideal candidate should be excited about creating best-in-class front-end experiences for brands in various industries.
• Ability to convert Sketch files into fully responsive front-end websites
• Ability to solve problems with creative solutions
• Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS and JS.
• Review designs to ensure the best approach to development
• Pay close attention to the quality of work and minor details
• Ability to communicate with non-technical co-workers
• Care deeply about best practices, standards and performance.
• Understanding of how e-commerce websites should work
What will the job entail?
• Developing high-performing Shopify & Shopify Plus stores for various brands in fashion, lifestyle, luxury and premium products.
• Working closely with the founder, project manager, designers and other developers, to provide the best possible solutions for our clients.
• Version Control
(not mandatory, but a huge plus!)
• Shopify (or similar ecommerce platforms)
• jQuery, Grunt, JSON, Gulp
• Experience with Liquid
• Experience with Ruby
• Experience with WordPress
• Agency experience
• Salary $50-80k (based on experience)
• Atena Healthcare
• 20 paid days off. No sick day limit. Paid holidays.
• Ability to grow your portfolio by working with both global brands and growing new businesses in various industries.
• Fun and collaborative office environment in lower Manhattan.
• Access to WeWork community and benefits
• Discounted spa & gym membership (RISE by We, located in the building)
• Free beer, coffee, tea, flavored water
• Grow with a small team and take ownership over this role.
Please apply by sending your resume, portfolio link (preferably links to e-commerce websites) and a little about yourself. We’d love to talk!
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Application Link: https://avexdesigns.com/careers/
Avex is a full service, creative digital agency in New York City. By partnering with brands and other agencies, Avex creates amazing things in the digital space.
175 Varick Street, New York, NY 10014