Beyond is looking for a Creative Director to join their office in New York.
You have talent. By happy coincidence, Beyond needs talent.
We’re on the lookout for an experienced Creative Director in our NY studio to lead creative across product and brand marketing for some of the world’s biggest technology pioneers. The ideal candidate is a visual storyteller that has worked hard to refine their understanding of design, creative execution, and visual communication. You are the heart and soul of the creative department and understand that this is a team sport, where the best coaches empower the best players.
Above all, you’re an awesome human who loves being surrounded by — and collaborating with — smart, talented, like-minded folks in a fun, fast-paced environment. If that sounds like you, reach out and show us what you’ve got.
About the role:
What does it mean to be a Creative Director at Beyond? Well, you’ll have the opportunity to do things like:
• Help design beautiful experiences that transform the world around us
• Apply creative problem solving across multiple projects and all you do
• Lead and inspire a multidisciplinary creative team from all levels to do exceptional brand and product work that exceeds expectations
• Inspire clients with innovative creative that’s grounded in business strategy and has a distinct point-of-view on how a design solution can impact their business
• Actively participate in the creative process, while empowering your team to own the work
• Build a brilliant creative team through savvy hiring decisions and ongoing mentorship
• Help account leadership develop and refine processes that power exceptional creative
• Apply strategic thinking to every concept, design and copy decision
• Work flexibly, proactively, and collaboratively with team members from multiple disciplines
• Present your work and communicate thought and reasoning behind it to all audiences, internal and external
What you bring:
• 10+ years’ experience in product design (e.g., responsive web, native app, and interactive displays) and brand marketing (e.g., campaigns, comms, and social), and the killer book to prove it
• 5+ years’ experience leading visual designers, UX designers, and copywriters
• Integrated, omnichannel approach to creative strategy
• Record of actively growing accounts through exceptional creative
• Expert-level skills in pitching and presenting ideas
Who you are:
• Creative, curious, optimistic and entrepreneurial
• Driven to do inspiring work that solves hard problems and makes an impact
• Value data’s role in creative work, and vice versa
• Enjoy working collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team
• Prize different perspectives and smarts without ego
• Embrace uncertainty and change as part of the process
• Cultivate a work environment that’s supportive, respectful and fun
We’re Beyond, a design company, and we’re focused on empowering you to leave a positive mark on the world. On top of a competitive salary, we offer great health benefits, matching 401K, parental leave, training funds, free snacks, and office dogs. Lots of office dogs. You’ll also get 20 days of PTO your first year, a week at Christmas, and your birthday off (just because).
Job Application Link: https://www.bynd.com/careers/?office=nyc