Are you trying to take your business from a company to a brand? A digital marketing agency can help with the brand strategy. It is a plan that takes into consideration your audiences, position in the marketplace, and goals as you establish your brand.
Branding does not happen overnight; it is a long process that takes a plan and execution. Let’s navigate through the steps to create a brand for your company.
What is Brand Building?
Brand building is to generate awareness about your business using marketing strategies and campaigns with the goal of creating a unique and lasting image in the marketplace.
Creating a brand with digital marketing using the fundamentals:
- Overall User Experience (Web Design)
- SEO & Content Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Pay Per Click (PPC) and Display Advertising
Characteristics of Strong Brands
- Authentic – Companies that are true to who they are, what they do, why they do it are able to create long-lasting connections with their audience.
- Distinctive – Separate yourself from competitors and the noise of other brands.
- Relevant – Your audience needs to feel as if you care about them. Your product or service needs to matter to them. You are fixing a problem they have.
- Consistent – Your identity and the implementation of that identity must be aligned and consistent with every touch point in every area of your business.
- Bold – Give them something that they can relate to. Take a stance and advocate, audiences like when brands stand for what they believe in.
- Engaging – Generate intrigue and allow them to unearth more about your brand. The future of branding is fluidity and engaging.
The Branding Process
A digital marketing agency goes through a branding process with clients to begin the journey. However, it is an ongoing process that will change with the times. No matter the process, there are steps that are gone through.
- Audit – You need to be aware of where you stand. What is working and what is not?
- Research – Researching your own company, the competition, and your audience. It gives you an idea of where to go.
- Audience – Look at the target audience, personas, details that will affectively help generate interest in your brand.
- Platform – Your vision, mission, values, voice, and personality are components of your brand platform.
Value Proposition Is the Start in the Branding Process
A value proposition is a statement that answers why someone should do business with you. It should convince a potential customer why your service or product will be of more value to them than a competitor. What sets your company apart?
Your value proposition is the first thing potential customers see when exploring your brand. A clear, concise value proposition is critical. You have less than a minute to capture a site visitor’s attention. Identify all the benefits that your product or service has to offer and the problem that it solves for them.
A well thought out value proposition will also help you in the process of defining your brand. The brand character should promote your business, connect with your customer base and differentiate you in the market.
Top Characteristics When Creating a Value Proposition
- Be concise and easy to understand. 6 to 8 words are the best
- Define what you do
- Make it easy for potential clients to find you in an online search
- Explain how your product solves a pain point for them
- Be displayed prominently on your website and your customer touch points.
Branding Vision and Strategy
A digital marketing agency should see your vision and strategize with you on how best to achieve it. Working with an outside agency can be daunting but it will mean success in building your brand. The strategy takes the vision and expands on it throughout the process.
The value proposition is the start, and then from there begins the implementation strategy and using the digital branding sources for touching the audience.
As the founder of Amazon, Jeff Bezos described branding, “Your brand is what other people say about you when you’re not in the room.”
Browse the best digital branding examples, cases, projects and various works from digital agencies for leading brands.