Major Tom is the next iteration of digital marketing — a full-service agency that’s been purpose-built to help organizations thrive in an increasingly complex landscape. With headquarters in Vancouver, Toronto, and New York, you can find us on Zoom during either Pacific or Eastern Daylight Time.
All our job openings are open to applicants across Canada and the US. For applicants based in Vancouver, we have an amazing office space available for those who choose to go in and the rest of our team work remotely.
Who We Are:
We’re a group of people who create work we’re proud of for folks we believe in. Our team is made up of industry specialists covering the spectrum of strategy, marketing, development, and creative.
We all share a belief that passion and accountability are critical to delivering exceptional work. Our biggest heroes bring humility, an open mind, and a positive attitude to our team every single day. An informal — yet professional — group, we truly care about one another and you can bet that we’ll care about you, too. For more on our culture, check us out on Glassdoor, Facebook, and Instagram.
Who We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for a Social Media Editorial and Community Manager to join our Social Media team. You’ll have a passion for social and a love of all things digital.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, quick on their feet, and has a great eye for detail. You’ll learn technically complex subject matter easily, and be able to curate and organize content through that lens. You’ll love immersing yourself in online communities, participating in conversations and engaging with unique audiences. You’ll also be a strategic thinker, energized by experimenting and testing new ideas.
What We’re Looking For:
- 2-3 years experience in a dedicated social media role
- An editorial eye with the ability to prioritize and plan content
- Solid knowledge of social media measurement and analytics
- Experience managing and engaging with social media communities
- Ability to take ownership with minimal guidance
- Great project management skills to handle a high volume of content
- Experience in Sprinklr and other social media tools
What We’re Looking For:
Not deal-breakers, but assets:
- Strong B2B experience
- Ability to write and edit copy
- Understanding of basic design principles
What You’ll Get To Do:
This role is a fully-dedicated resource to a single client project. You will have significant impact and ownership over this project, which oversees the entire social media presence for a client in the HR Tech space. You’ll be client-facing, building relationships with some best-in-class marketers.
You’ll contribute to and execute a comprehensive B2B social media strategy focused on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. You’ll work on an awesome project team that includes a PM, designers, copywriters, and a strategy director.
- Continually managing a complex editorial calendar
- Trafficking pre-packaged content from the brand
- Proactively brainstorming, planning, and curating new editorial content
- Continually contributing to the evolution of the overall social media strategy
- Coordinating content production from Major Tom’s creative team
- Scheduling and publishing content in Sprinklr
- Responding to comments and DMs, supporting customer service
- Proactively engaging and executing other community management tactics
- Leading reporting and campaign tracking
Some of the Benefits & Perks You’ll Get:
- Paid time off and bonus time off during the holiday season to spend time with your loved ones without thinking about work
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home options. You know how and when you work best, and we trust you to do it
- Comprehensive medical benefits, including a healthcare spending account, so you can take care of yourself and your family
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and support in your professional development because we want to help you achieve your goals
- A wellness program including weekly meditation so you can take care of your mind
- Regular Lunch and Learns covering a vast array of topics all designed to keep you informed on the industry and our agency
- Access to internal committees led by subject matter experts that are designed to tackle plans or solve problems. These committees ensure that everyone within our agency has the opportunity to learn about the different facets of our organization. Are you a project manager fascinated by work in the creative department? No problem, sign up and see how it’s done
Major Tom is committed to equal opportunity and fair treatment for all. The company prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Application Link: https://major-tom.breezy.hr/p/51bfd462a540?source=DAN
Our member agencies are always looking for the best candidates to hire.