Cyber-Duck is looking for a Front-End Developer to join their office in London.
Location: London / UK
Position: Front-End Developer
Cyber-Duck is a full-service digital agency that works with global brands including the Bank of England, Mitsubishi Electric and Cancer Research. Our exceptional user-centered design, digital transformation, web application development and progressive brand strategies services have been recognised through multiple awards, ever since our journey began in 2005.
Our friendly and relaxed work environment brings all sort of Ducks together from different cultures with one thing in common: our passion to deliver the best digital experiences to our clients.
Our technology team is grounded by test driven development (TDD) process and holds a number of ISO accreditations in quality management systems, information security and human-cantered design.
But where do you fit?
Where are we based:
This role can be based in Elstree, Hertfordshire or Farringdon, London.
What will the role involve:
You will develop front-end interfaces for websites and applications, converting designs into fully functional code, implementing CMS systems and Marketing Automation and working with different template engines. The role also requires you to generate optimized assets from designs and help the design team to identify and solve UX and implementation issues with any given design. You will also be involved in exciting R&D projects including regular hackathons developing various products.
Who are we looking for?
You should consider yourself a proactive developer who is always on top of what’s changing in the industry, but at the same time you are able to identify which technology should be used for each project. You would be interested in design and UX to understand design decisions and to implement designs appropriately. You are a team player and you know how to efficiently manage time to work on different projects simultaneously and in a timely manner.
Experience and skills :
• Very strong knowledge of hand written CSS
• Strong working knowledge of hand written Sass
• Be experienced in all parts of semantic HTML from scratch
• Version control & Git
• Gulp / NPM
• SEO / Analytics
• Understanding of QA and Accessilibity
• CMS knowledge and Template engines (Blade, Twig, etc)
• Photoshop / Sketch and generating high quality assets
• Competitive salary, subject to experience and skill set
• An exciting and ever-growing set of staff benefits: including company laptop, company phone, gym membership, life assurance, pension contributions and Costco card
• Company sick pay scheme of 10 working days per calendar year
• 20 days of holiday, with one extra day added per full year of service, and additional Christmas break
• Free Friday lunches, snacks and BBQs with the team
• Fun and friendly work environment with talented designers, developers and marketers from all around the world
• And more!
We do not work with recruiters.