Croud is a digital marketing agency with a unique business model, recently named a Sunday Times Best Place to Work 2023.
Croud combines talent, custom-built tech, and a crowd-sourced network of digital experts to automate processes and deliver impactful results. The agency, founded in 2011, offers services such as SEO, PPC, content, programmatic, paid social, and analytics for top brands worldwide.
Croud is at the forefront of the digital marketing industry, working with leading brands across 122 markets. As part of its growth strategy, the agency is seeking an experienced Planning Director to revolutionise account planning. The goal is to blend established tools, techniques, and data-driven insights to create brand and performance solutions for clients. The ideal candidate is a digitally-savvy comms planner with expertise in interpreting data, understanding digital measurement, and targeting for media campaign planning.
The role involves using audience and market insights to guide planning work, collaborating with clients to solve problems, and actively participating in campaign planning stages. The Planning Director will contribute to real-time performance monitoring, providing insights to channel experts and assisting in building a comprehensive view of campaigns. Additionally, the position entails involvement in planning and pitching for new business opportunities and contributing to the agency’s continuous growth.
Please note Croud operates a hybrid working model with a minimum of 3 days a week based in our London office and the remaining days from home if you wish.
- Collaborate closely with senior client stakeholders to identify and address critical marketing challenges, while fostering internal collaboration with various teams at Croud to synthesise cohesive plans
- Conduct cross-channel media planning to ensure that investment decisions made on behalf of clients are thoroughly informed by all available data
- Supervise measurement and testing strategies across channels, with a focus on driving continual improvements in performance
- Oversee audience, market, and competitor intelligence projects to ensure the generated insights are both meaningful and actionable
- Contribute to the revenue growth of Croud through expanding existing accounts and actively participating in business development efforts
- Engage in complex marketing problem-solving, translating solutions into actionable strategies for presentation to clients
- Represent Croud at industry events through public speaking engagements and thought leadership activities
- Possibly requiring travel to other Croud offices or client meetings as an integral part of the role
- Demonstrable in-depth experience as a Planner or Account Director. We’re open to candidates from comms, media or digital planning backgrounds, or who currently work in strategy roles
- Experience of campaign planning that has driven demonstrable results for clients
- Experience in CPG and/or Multi Brand Retail a bonus, but not a requirement
- Extensive experience of presenting to clients and ’selling-in’ ideas, and of working closely with senior stakeholders to understand their business objectives
- Hands-on experience of key digital marketing platforms is preferred. These include (but are not limited to) Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Ads Manager, DV360
- Hands-on experience of industry planning & insight tools is a nice-to-have. These include (but are not limited to) TGI, GlobalWebIndex, SimilarWeb
- All the essentials: Excel/GSheets, Powerpoint/GSlides
Croud offers a clear path to progression for all members of staff. We are committed to offering development opportunities alongside a support system of regular performance reviews. The opportunities are endless!
Croud offers competitive starting salaries alongside numerous company benefits. On completion of the three month probation period every employee is eligible for the benefits listed on our careers site which include:
- 25 days holiday a year
- Annual performance bonus
- Sale commission
- Recruitment referrals bonus
- Health and Wellbeing contribution
- Ride to Work scheme
- Rail card
- Season Ticket loan
- Free fruit, breakfast cereals, snacks and tea & coffee
- Free home office chair and screen
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Life and income protection
- Medical cash plan
- Agile Working Policy
- LinkedIn Learning and access to Croud Campus (our bespoke learning and development platform)
- Peer to peer recognition scheme ‘bonusly’
- Team off-sites/regular socials
- Year-round holiday parties
- Day to make a difference
Standard hours are from 9.00am to 5.30pm, there’s flexibility if agreed in advance with your line managers (it may also be necessary on occasions to work outside of these hours).
Croud is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. All candidates will be assessed based on merit, qualifications and their ability to perform the requirements of the role.
Department: Strategy and Planning
Remote status: Hybrid Remote
Job Application Link: https://careers.croud.com/jobs/3548243-planning-director
Our member agencies are always looking for the best candidates to hire.