Major Tom is a full-service agency that’s been purpose-built to help organizations thrive in an increasingly complex landscape. With our headquarters in Vancouver and our team scattered across Canada, you can find us on Zoom during either Pacific or Eastern Daylight Time.
Our roster of international clients includes Little Potato Company, Canuck Place, Mission Hill Winery, Westland Insurance and Giants of Africa.
Who We Are:
We’re a group of people who create work we’re proud of for folks we believe in. Our team is made up of industry specialists covering the spectrum of strategy, marketing, development, and creative.
We all share a belief that passion and accountability are critical to delivering exceptional work. Our biggest heroes bring humility, an open mind, and a positive attitude to our team every single day. An informal — yet professional — group, we truly care about one another and you can bet that we’ll care about you, too. For more on our culture, check us out on Glassdoor, Facebook, and Instagram.
What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for a Digital Marketing Copywriter who will play a part in the Major Tom social strategy. As part of our Social Media team, this role is a blend of creative copywriting and community management for multiple social media accounts, infusing them with personality.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Monitor, respond and engage with various social media communities to ensure we’re conversing with our client’s audiences compassionately, comprehensively, and efficiently
- Write and proof copy for social media, paid advertisements, client-facing documents, and landing pages
- Develop voice and tone guidelines as part of brand strategy engagements
- Write to various brand voices, appropriately applying it across various channels including social media, paid advertising, email, and website
- Collaborate with various teams to deliver projects and test messaging and strategy
- Provide additional marketing and administrative support as needed
- Advocate for the copywriter’s perspective. You’ll stand up for the client’s brand voice and tone wherever it appears
What We’re Looking For:
- 2+ years of experience in a copywriting role
- Proven copywriting skills with a focus on writing advertising and marketing collateral
- Thorough understanding of social media trends, and digital landscape
- Ability to tell a story in both 140 characters and 500 words
- Ability to write from the perspective of various unique audiences
- Finding enjoyment in research and immersing themselves in previously unknown topics
- Confidently able to present ideas to clients in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to provide support with Social Media community management
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Experience within an agency setting is an asset
Some of the Benefits & Perks You’ll Get:
- Paid time off and bonus time off during the holiday season to spend time with your loved ones without thinking about work
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home options. You know how and when you work best, and we trust you to do it
- Comprehensive medical benefits, including a healthcare spending account and employee assistance program, so you can take care of yourself and your family
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and support in your professional development because we want to help you achieve your goals
- A wellness program including weekly meditation so you can take care of your mind
- Regular Lunch and Learns covering a vast array of topics all designed to keep you informed on the industry and our agency
- Access to internal committees. These committees ensure that everyone within our agency has the opportunity to learn about the different facets of our organization. Are you a project manager fascinated by work in the creative department? No problem, sign up and see how it’s done
To learn more, check out our Pocket Guide to Agency Life at Major Tom!
Compensation: $62,000 – $70,000 + benefits
We are open to applicants across Canada. We currently have team members in British Columbia, Ontario, Manitoba and Alberta. Our Vancouver team has the option to work from home or the office.
Major Tom is committed to equal opportunity and fair treatment for all. The company prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
Major Tom welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Should you require accommodations, please contact 604-642-6765.
Job Application Link: https://major-tom.breezy.hr/p/388ce733100e-copywriter?source=DAN
Our member agencies are always looking for the best candidates to hire.