Technical Project Manager
Beyond is looking for a Technical Project Manager to join their team in London.
Beyond is a design and technology agency made up of passionate people focused on creating and delivering beautiful experiences for clients including Google, Montblanc, Facebook and the Royal College of Art.
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager to join our UK team. You will manage multiple Europe based agile teams and projects simultaneously. This includes engineering teams delivering software and digital experiences for international clients as part of globally distributed and diverse project teams. You will work remotely and report into a Delivery Lead.
As a Technical Project Manager at Beyond, you will:
• Lead multiple Europe based diverse engineering teams as part of larger projects of programmes of work for our San Francisco and New York studios
• Configure and set your teams up for success (including the optimal set-up of Jira/Confluence or other project management software, development of progress and monitoring dashboards and implementation of feedback and reporting loops)
• Implement effective ways of working within your teams (including developing and managing an effective meeting schedule and daily / weekly / monthly approach)
• Develop an iterative, evidence-based process in your teams and coach them in agile best practices
• Analyse, create, refine and share technical requirements based on the clients’ brief and subsequent client feedback
• Develop status reports and ensure seamless handing off back to NA counterparts at the end of the day and vice versa
• Ensure that your teams collaborate effectively with off-shore and out-of-hours diverse teams including product, experience design, creative and content
• Communicate technical detail to a non-technical audience and vice versa
As a Technical Project Manager at Beyond, we’d like you to bring:
• At least 5 years of experience in Scrum Master, Agile Lead or similar role with experience in an agency setting
• Experience working within complex teams in multiple locations
• A technical background (developer, QA engineer) is desirable
• Certified Scrum Master and/or SAFe-certified
• Experience managing multiple agile engineering teams/projects simultaneously
• A broad understanding of scope, schedule and planning; understanding of resource and cost management
• Demonstrative experience in the set-up and application of best-practice project management and Agile methodology, tools, techniques and templates
• Experience with product management software such as Jira & Confluence
• Demonstrative ability to set up product management software to produce reports, dashboards and customised workflows
• Knowledge and use of industry-standard project methods, tools and techniques (Kanban, velocity charts )
• Experience working with diverse and globally dispersed virtual teams
And in return, Beyond offers:
• A team of passionate people who genuinely care about what they do and the standard of work they produce
• A generous learning and development budget per employee per year
• Potential inter-office travel opportunities
• Great salary package, flexible benefits schemes such as healthcare & dental, workplace pension, 25 days holiday, plus you get your birthday off for free and we have a paid office closure between Christmas and New Years
• 6% matched contribution pension scheme
• We offer flexible working to everyone, under our “Beyond Flexibility” programme. Ask about this at interview!
• Monthly care packages
• A strong company culture whilst working on a ‘remote-first’ basis – this includes weekly meetings, company updates, quizzes and celebrations
Having been named among Sunday Times Best 100 Companies, we believe culture plays a large role in what we offer as an organisation. We actively promote diversity in all its forms across our Studios and we proudly and passionately create a culture of inclusivity and openness for all our employees.
Beyond is committed to welcoming everyone, regardless of gender identity, orientation or expression. Our mission is to remove exclusivity and barriers and encourage new thinking and perceptions, in a space of belonging. It is not about race, gender or age, it is about people. Without our people being their most creative and innovative selves, we are nothing.
Job Application Link: https://www.bynd.com/careers/