Engine Digital is looking for a Senior Designer to join their team in Vancouver.
Position: Senior Designer
Posted: 12 November 2020
As a Senior Designer, you’ll lead project teams responsible for defining how the solutions we produce should look, feel, and function. This includes the design of web and mobile products, platforms, and experiences, visual brand identities, and related brand collateral. Working within cross-functional teams, you’ll contribute a visual sensibility that ensures every project we ship supports our collective belief in design as a means for driving our clients’ business success. This is a hands-on role, leading projects from ideation through deployment, managing, mentoring, and enabling design team colleagues.
We’re a team of strategists, designers, and technologists, driven by a shared passion for creating thoughtful digital platforms, products, and services that span web, mobile, and connected spaces. Based in Vancouver and New York City, we’re focused on changing how organizations connect with users in an increasingly digital world. If you’re up for that challenge, you should join us.
• Lead the design of digital platforms, products, and brands
• Help the team to translate briefs and requirements into plans and roadmaps
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams in concepting and ideation
• Play a lead role in client workshops, presentations, reviews, and pitches
• Direct the team in the production of design deliverables
• Guide the team to a clear understanding project context, objectives, and constraints
• Ensure all deliverables and outputs are of the highest level of quality and precision
• Manage, lead, and mentor junior design colleagues by fostering a positive environment
Required Skills & Experience:
• 5+ years experience prototyping and designing for web and mobile
• A strong portfolio demonstrating skill, craft, thinking, and experience
• Clear experience with UI patterns and grids, typography, identity and brand design
• Mastery of Sketch, Adobe CS, Invision, Omnigraffle, and Keynote
• Experience leading design teams, mentoring colleagues, collaborating, and engaging with clients and/or product owners
• A personally defined design approach and methodology
• Knowledge of front-end coding, frameworks, and constraints
• Degree in design or communication an asset but not required
• Candidates should be residents of Vancouver or willing to relocate
In addition to an exceptional company culture, we offer the following benefits to all employees:
• A welcome kit, a MacBook, and all the tools you need on day one
• Personal learning budget for classes, events, and conferences, and access to General Assembly, Treehouse, Udemy, and One Month to help you expand your skills
• Winter holiday break in addition to 3 weeks vacation time to start
• Office snacks, coffee, tea, beer, and monthly birthday celebrations
• Holiday parties, happy hours, and team building activities
• Health, dental, and vision coverage
• Offices in two of the best cities in the world – Vancouver and New York City
• An incredible global client list including some of the most recognized brands
• Focused yet casual studio environment located in Mount Pleasant, the heart of Vancouver’s emerging tech hub
How to Apply:
If this sounds like a fit, please apply through our online application form. Only candidates with an online portfolio or work samples may be shortlisted and contacted. Please clearly state your personal contribution to each project submitted. If you have a blog or other online projects, please send those URLs along too. Extra attention will be given to creative candidates who are active online.
No recruiters, agencies, or phone calls please.
Job Application Link: https://enginedigital.com/careers