Major Tom is the next iteration of digital marketing — a full-service agency that’s been purpose-built to help organizations thrive in an increasingly complex landscape. With headquarters in Vancouver, Toronto, and New York, you can find us on Zoom during either Pacific or Eastern Daylight Time.
Our roster of international clients includes NYU, COBS Bread, Holt Renfrew, OUAI Haircare, and Cactus Club Cafe.
Who We Are:
We’re a group of people who create work we’re proud of for folks we believe in. Our team is made up of industry specialists covering the spectrum of strategy, marketing, development, and creative.
We all share a belief that passion and accountability are critical to delivering exceptional work. Our biggest heroes bring humility, an open mind, and a positive attitude to our team every single day. An informal — yet professional — group, we truly care about one another and you can bet that we’ll care about you, too. For more on our culture, check us out on Glassdoor, Facebook, and Instagram.
Who We’re Looking For:
We are looking for an experienced and talented Senior Full Stack WordPress Champion with interest in business development to join our busy Web Growth and Optimization team.
You will be producing high-end work while collaborating with our Development, Project Management, UX and UI design teams and proactively initiating ongoing improvements to the existing client WordPress sites as well as internal improvements to our technical process.
If you love working in a fast paced environment, task switching, and constantly learning new things – this is for you!
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Work directly with Web Growth and Optimization teammates to maintain existing WordPress sites: implement code updates, troubleshoot bugs and complete regular WordPress core and plugin updates
- Develop new features for the existing sites that meet current development standards, web accessibility standards and site/theme structure
- Define and document project requirements, keep project documentation up to date
- Collaborate with the Development team and attend internal meetings to stay on top of best practices and internal process updates
- Identify and suggest opportunities for improvement of the existing sites, help with brainstorming and oversee implementation
- Attend client meetings and present work when needed
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 5 years experience as a full stack WordPress developer (preferably in an agency)
- Development skills with responsive, accessible and SEO-friendly code
- A solid understanding of SEO, usability best practice and UX design
- Experience with PHP and server side templating
- Experience with project documentation and architectural/development planning
- Experience working with server management tools and processes such as cPanel, PHPMyAdmin, DNS, Cron Jobs, and bash scripting
- Some experience working with our core tool set: Grunt/Gulp/Webpack, Bower, GitHub, BitBucket
- Knowledge of best practices for site security and a passionate commitment to maintaining the health of digital assets
- A keen eye for detail and strong design aesthetic
- Proven track record of delivering solutions on time and on budget
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
Not deal-breakers, but assets:
- Working knowledge of web accessibility and WCAG 2.1 is a bonus
- Working knowledge of XD
- Experience with Shopify
- Experience with BigCommerce
- Experience with three.js or WebGL
- Experience presenting to clients is a plus
Some of the Benefits & Perks You’ll Get:
- Paid time off and bonus time off during the holiday season to spend time with your loved ones without thinking about work
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home options. You know how and when you work best, and we trust you to do it
- Comprehensive medical benefits, including a healthcare spending account and employee assistance program, so you can take care of yourself and your family
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and support in your professional development because we want to help you achieve your goals
- A wellness program including weekly meditation so you can take care of your mind
- Regular Lunch and Learns covering a vast array of topics all designed to keep you informed on the industry and our agency
- Access to internal committees. These committees ensure that everyone within our agency has the opportunity to learn about the different facets of our organization. Are you a project manager fascinated by work in the creative department? No problem, sign up and see how it’s done
Our member agencies are always looking for the best candidates to hire.