Engine Digital is looking for an Engineering Director to join their team in Vancouver.
Position: Engineering Director
Posted: 25 November 2020
We’re a team of strategists, designers, and technologists, driven by a shared passion for creating thoughtful digital platforms, products, and services that span web, mobile, and connected spaces. Based in Vancouver and New York City, we’re focused on changing how organizations connect with users in an increasingly digital world. If you’re up for that challenge, you should join us.
We’re hiring a Engineering Director to join our Vancouver office to lead a team of engineers, recommend technical strategies, conceptual plans, and prototypes to our global client base, and ensure secure and stable development practices internally. We work primarily with open source technology, and we’re looking for someone with a passion for delivering exceptional mobile and web projects with complex integrations.
As Engineering Director, you’ll help drive our engagements towards clarity and success by ensuring requirements are defined, solutions are explored, and the code we ship is stable, secure, and scalable. While your priority is leading teams across multiple projects, you’ll be equally capable to jump in and get your hands dirty when needed.
We’re looking for a technology leader interested in leading the research, planning, and documentation work, consulting with clients, and leading teams in the execution of code. You’ll be an advocate for continual improvement through exploration of the latest tools, technologies, and trends, and help articulate to clients how our capabilities and approach help them achieve their own goals from a technical perspective.
• Manage and mentor project teams in establishing goals, requirements, scoping, and estimation, assessing opportunities for innovation from an engineering perspective
• Participate in requirements gathering through research and stakeholder engagement
• Design, implement, and maintain the necessary artifacts (including principles, policies, standards, roadmaps, and strategies) and tools required to support technical planning
• Present, inform, and build trust with client-side VPs and the C-Suite on recommended technical plans and approaches
• Help establish technical architectures and migration plans based on business objectives, client IT strategies, and value-for-money objectives
• Understand our clients’ business, their needs, and the technical opportunities and challenges that exist within their categories
• Qualify, develop, and maintain partner and vendor relationships
• Provide lead technical consultancy for specialist areas within large and complex projects that have architectural requirements (ERP integration, DAM, eWCM)
• Continually research, apply, and evangelize new technologies, frameworks, services, and approaches to ensure the entire Engineering team is always advancing
• Support the team in following industry best practices and coding standards developed by the agency and contribute to internal and external knowledge sharing
Required Skills & Experience:
• 8+ years experience in web development with at least 5 years in a management or leadership position
• Thorough understanding of CS fundamentals including automation, algorithmic processes, data modeling, and design patterns
• Experience planning, prototyping, developing, and testing for web, native mobile, and connected devices
• Experience implementing CMS (traditional and/or headless), static site generators, and e-commerce platforms
• Experience with database design, solution architecture, and secure web app practices (authentication, authorization, encryption)
• Experience working within an agile environment, scoping and road-mapping projects, and following QA/release workflows
• Degree in Web Development or Computer Science preferred but not required
• Candidates should be residents of Vancouver or willing to relocate
In addition to an exceptional company culture, we offer the following benefits to all employees:
• A welcome kit, a MacBook, and all the tools you need on day one
• Personal learning budget for classes, events, and conferences, and access to General Assembly, Treehouse, and One Month to help you expand your skills
• Winter holiday break in addition to 3 weeks vacation time to start
• Office snacks, coffee, tea, beer, and monthly birthday lunches
• Holiday parties, happy hours, and team building activities
• Health, dental, and vision coverage
• Offices in two of the best cities in the world – Vancouver and New York City
• An incredible global client list including some of the most recognized brands
• Focused yet casual studio environment located in Mount Pleasant, the heart of Vancouver’s emerging tech hub
How to Apply:
If this sounds like a fit, please apply through our online application form. If you have a Github profile, blog, or other online projects, please send those URLs along too.
No recruiters, agencies, or phone calls please.
Job Application Link: https://enginedigital.com/careers