Newman’s Own – Digital Support for Iconic Food Brand & Foundation
Newman’s Own, Inc. (NOI) is a consumer-packaged goods company offering great tasting, high-quality food, and beverage products. Founded in 1982 by Oscar‐winning actor, director, and championship race car driver Paul Newman. NOI’s parent company, Newman’s Own Foundation, was funded in 2005 with a clear mission of sustaining Newman’s philanthropic work by donating all profits. As of June 2015, the foundation has awarded over $550 million to countless charities worldwide.
Newman’s Own has a unique vision regarding its brand identity. With a clear gap between Newman’s Own and Newman’s Own Foundation, we discovered the opportunity to improve brand identity and visibility. Our main objectives included increasing brand awareness and driving traffic for lead generation.
Create and launch two new forward-facing websites for Newman’s Own Inc. and Newman’s Own Foundation, establishing a cohesive, seamless extension where products can be purchased. Our goal was to help translate the correct story into the new site with the following objectives:
- Improve Newman’s digital presence with user-friendly websites
- Deploy a modern, scalable online infrastructure that can fulfill a variety of corporate imperatives sustainably for years to come
- Educate consumers on Newman’s brand, mission, and products
- Implement a community strategy to engage customers to learn more about our foundation’s work and become involved
How and Why:
We conducted a site audit and a complete redesign of their current website content to correctly identify content gaps and areas of emphasis. Our strategy was to accommodate prospective and current consumers that are interested in mission-driven companies, to each prospective site.
- Search Engine Optimization to increase brand visibility across social channels
- Keyword Discovery to improve organic search
- SEO-Friendly Copy Editing
To help deliver the brand’s story and improve lead gen we developed a content plan and site structure that could prominently include videos and other multimedia resources. We created engaging visual storytelling, to communicate and explain the foundation’s mission, work, and impact via:
- Brand/Foundation stories
- Product or product-line-focused clips
- Recipes and/or product usage