In the past few years, the “verified” tick badge has become very popular on social media platforms. Instagram is one of them. Only some celebrities, public figures, brands, and agencies have this badge of validation. But now, anyone can apply for a blue badge.
If you’re wondering how to get your digital marketing agency verified on Instagram, then you’re in the right place. Here’s a checklist:
- Log into the Instagram app
- Go to settings, scroll down and find “Request Verification” section
- Fill the requested information
- And send a verification request
However, there is no guarantee that you’ll get this blue and shiny verification badge anytime soon. Keep reading to learn more about this process.
First of all, you need to know that the image-sharing app acts very picky when it’s come to validate certain individual or company accounts. This white tick on a blue background stands more than as a symbol of popularity and authenticity. It’s regarded as a privilege.
The badge along with your agency name makes your business look more legitimate, appealing and “cool” compared to your competitors. Basically, it’s like a symbol of status. This small badge separates you from others gives you another way to stand out.
You should also know that the blue verified badges or the badges of honor aren’t given by an algorithm, they’re handed out by real people, Instagram moderators.
What do you need to do to be verified on Instagram?
Before thinking about getting your agency verified on Instagram, you need a valid Instagram account for your business. Isn’t your agency on Instagram yet? If not, I advise you to read the stats below and start an Instagram page without wasting any more time. Your potential clients are out there waiting for you, and you should be there to contact them, too.
Instagram user stats are amazing. The popular social media platform has over 800 million users. 500 million of them are using the platform on a daily basis, and 38% of them are checking the site multiple times a day. For an agency, it’s a perfect way to engage current clients and besides reaching new ones. There is a place for every business on Instagram. Even if you’re running a boutique agency with a small team, you’re very welcome there.
Agencies like Wieden + Kennedy, Huge, Deutsch and Socialize have their verification badges. On their Instagram pages, there are colorful posts about their ongoing campaigns, design examples, product photo shoots, creative concepts, quotes and also photos from agency life.
- You need to fulfill certain expectations of the social media platform. Instagram expects you to be authentic, unique, and notable.
- You also need to provide all the necessary information including profile photo, bio and have at least one post on your page. If Instagram decides that your agency is the right business for them, you’ll get the badge.
What should you do if you still can’t get verified on Instagram?
Above, I’ve tried to explain how to get your agency verified on Instagram. If you really want to have that verification badge and increase your chance you can do a couple of things.
- Build and focus on your presence on parallel platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Build a consistent voice to approach your audience.
- Pay attention to actively use these platforms, post frequency and quality of the contents you share on your agency page.
- Try to create vivid and great image posts by using the same filters. Knowing how to appeal to your audience is important for Instagram.
- You can also take advantage of Instagram insights. Schedule your posts, explore relevant hashtags and try to share them on the most active times of your followers. Don’t forget to spend time responding to comments and liking posts.
Even though you try all of these and you’re still miles away from getting a result, start working on your digital presence. Work with a fellow PR agency or post plenty of content.
Finally, you can ask to be verified. It’s also an option. Contact with Instagram’s support team, they’re really hard to catch but send messages to them anyway. Explaining your case and sending persistent requests might eventually make a difference.
Another way is to invest your cash to Facebook ads as they’re connected with Instagram. Spending money on Facebook could help you to reach Instagram’s verification team, or working with a reputable Instagram agency can definitely make it easier.
As a top web design & development agency, Mobiteam has identified the Instagram trends for 2020. Based on their studies and surveys, it looks like some trends will keep the same position, others will grow, and there are some new entries that look at least interesting.
Here you can read more about the upcoming trends and make your Instagram account be more followed: Top 10 Instagram Trends for 2020