Impression Introduces Life Leave among Other New Benefits to Enhance Its Offering
Digital growth agency, Impression, announces enhancements and updates to its internal policies to better support employees’ wellbeing and to align with its people-first approach.
The agency reduced its weekly working hours with no salary reductions in addition to rolling out the following new policies:
- Enhanced sick pay – including 8 weeks full pay, 8 weeks half pay, and then statutory pay in any rolling 12 month period,
- Compassionate leave – as there is no time limit on grief, the amount is assessed on a case by case basis,
- Pregnancy loss leave – guaranteed 1 week paid leave for miscarriage or a failed IVF attempt for any gender,
- Enhanced parental leave – including 8 weeks full pay, 8 weeks half pay, and then statutory pay for pregnant parents, 2 weeks pay and 2 weeks statutory pay for non-pregnant parents, 4 weeks pay for adoption leave,
- Bonus & Pension – An additional 1% per person paid into the pension scheme if achieved target margin by the end of 2022
- Annual leave – increasing to 28 days plus bank holidays,
- Life Leave – discretionary paid leave for when unexpected events happen i.e. car issues, house issues, moving house, supporting someone at a medical appointment.
The updates were made as a result of a collaborative review led by Zoë Ogden, the agency’s Head of People, who joined in June 2021. To shape its offering, Impression gathered feedback via internal focus groups as well as reviewing the external market data.
This provided the team with clarity from different people at various business levels to better understand what mattered the most to them. The approach was so successful that the agency has decided to run focus groups every 12 months to review the needs of their talent, ensuring further improvements are made as the agency continues to grow.
Impression’s people ambition statement can be viewed below:
We believe that high performance deserves high reward. We want everyone to perform at their best but we understand that we are humans, and sometimes things happen in our lives. At Impression, we want to make sure our people have everything they need to do their job well, and we will support them to be their best self inside and outside of work.
Find out more about Impression or head to their careers page to view current roles.
Impression is a multi-award-winning digital agency, specializing in the delivery of high-performance campaigns across SEO, PPC, analytics, and digital PR.