Multi-award winning digital agency Impression has built a successful strategy for tools retailer ParkerBrand that finally grows revenue by 180% in 10 months.
Given that ParkerBrand had allocated greater resources to paid media, higher performance objectives were set for 2019. Overall, the goal was to grow revenue rapidly over a short period of time whilst maintaining the return on ad spend (ROAS) to remain profitable.
This translated into the following objectives:
- Achieve a minimum of 10:1 ROAS
- “Grow revenue as much as possible” from a year-on-year perspective
To meet the above objects, Impression implemented the following strategy:
Restructure Shopping Campaigns
- Understand seasonality impact on product type performance
- Distribute daily budgets across product types
Remove Shopping Campaign Inefficiencies
- Implement search query filtering
- Weekly search query auditing
- “Everything Else” catch-all campaign to capture outlier products
Implement Bidding Strategies
- Correct Google product category
- Implement product type
- Implement custom labels
Expand Across Additional Channels
- Mirror Google Ads changes across Bing
- Implement Facebook dynamic product retargeting (+ further feed work)
- Roll out Google Showcase Ads
- Implement RLSA campaigns in search to capture previous shopping visitors (80% account + shopping)
As a result of their work on this campaign, Impression was initially shortlisted for the award for best use of search (retail/eCommerce PPC) in the UK Search Awards.
Since then, they have also been shortlisted for ‘Shopping Ads Campaign of the Year’ in the 2020 Biddable Media Awards for this campaign.
The below results were achieved from February 2019 – October 2019:
- 180% YoY Revenue Growth
- 11.08:1 Shopping ROAS
Jason Parker, Managing Director stated:
Since working with Impression our ROI has significantly increased across all paid search avenues. Our account is extremely well managed and time is taken by the team to not just spend the money but also to report on where it is performing.
I would certainly recommend this agency to any business who wants to maximise their advertising spend and reduce conversion costs.
Impression is a multi-award winning digital agency, specialising in the delivery of high performance campaigns across SEO, PPC, analytics and digital PR.