Master Jeweller Unlocks £1M in Revenue
Queensmith is an award-winning Hatton Garden jeweller. Their team of gemologists and master goldsmiths specialise in the crafting of bespoke wedding rings, engagement rings and fine jewellery.
Post-pandemic, online performance declined in response to changing shopper behaviour as physical stores reopened. This, plus increasing competitor visibility, presented Queensmith with new challenges to combat.
In order to reignite performance and better serve their online audience, they tasked Impression to support them with a site migration to convert the website from one that collected enquiries to an ecommerce store.
The first challenge was to conduct the migration whilst successfully maintaining organic performance. The second was to improve it.
To measure success, Impression worked towards the following marketing objectives:
- Increase organic users by 55%
- Increase tracked related keyword terms to positions #1-3
- Increase the number of page 1 keywords by 100%
- Achieve an average monthly revenue of £1m
Impression supported Queensmith’s internal teams to ensure SEO best practices were considered at every stage of the migration. A thorough checklist and bespoke set of guidelines were created for Queensmith to follow.
Once they were confident that the site migration was a success and organic performance had been maintained, they next looked at how they could improve it.
After confirming a group of defined topics and keyword targets, their SEO and PR teams aligned to create an integrated, full-funnel organic content strategy:
- Optimised existing content which had traffic driving potential to help build awareness
- Created newsworthy content using Queensmith’s internal data that could be outreached from several different angles to build authority to key category pages
- Provided reactive comments to trending terms to position Queensmith as an expert in its field and to improve the visibility of the priority keyword set
- Expanded site architecture by creating new pages that would serve an in-market audience
Queensmith entered 2023 with x5 times more visibility vs 2022. The unexpected surge in demand resulted in Queensmith’s opening its second store earlier than planned, which the client attributes to the success of their organic strategy!
The below results were achieved between March – December 2022:
- 158% increase in organic users
- #1 ranking position across a group of 10 priority keywords
- 194% increase in page 1 keywords
- £1m revenue avg achieved per month by August 2022
- 107 pieces of coverage
- 96 links
Featured in: The Sun, Grazia, Marie Claire, The Telegraph, Your London Wedding Magazine
Impression is a multi-award winning, Digital Growth Agency. They define and deliver integrated digital strategies that transform their clients from market players to market leaders.