Major Tom is looking for a UI Designer to join their team in Vancouver.
Employer: Major Tom
Location: Vancouver / Canada
Position: UI Designer
What We’re Looking For:
We are on the hunt for a UI Designer with at least 2 years of experience and proven skills making beautiful digital things. Ideally, you’re a multi-disciplinary creative, and can bring to the table a range of different abilities – primarily, we’re looking for someone who loves designing exceptional websites, asks the right kinds of questions, and has the skills to see a project through from start to finish, from an initial style scape right through to responsive mock-ups.
As a member of our Creative team, you’ll work closely with a variety of people across the agency, from Account Managers to developers, to other members of the UX/UI team to create compelling solutions for our clients’ challenges. You’re the type to be proud of your work, convincing in selling it to clients, and hungry for collaboration internally to produce the best outcome possible.
What It’s Like To Work With Us:
Major Tom is the next iteration of digital marketing — a full-service agency that’s been purpose-built to help organizations thrive in an increasingly complex landscape. We’ve been serving our partners from our offices in New York, Toronto, and Vancouver since 2000.
We are a team of industry-leading specialists hand-picked from across the globe covering the full spectrum of strategy, marketing, development, and creative. Made up of some of the brightest minds on the web, we humanize modern marketing, cutting through the noise to bring clarity to our clients.
We’re committed to teamwork and leveraging the unique knowledge of every individual. We believe that passion and accountability are critical to delivering exceptional work. Our biggest heroes bring humility, an open mind, and laughter to our team every single day.
We’re fortunate enough to have an enviable roster of international clients that includes COBS Bread, NYU, Pirelli, NBC, Orkin, Denny’s, The Little Potato Company, and Cactus Club.
More About What We’re Looking For:
• 2 years minimum experience creating compelling interfaces, and other creative works
• You’ve got a wealth of knowledge with all kinds of design tools, but are an expert with all things Sketch, Invision and Adobe CC
• Your portfolio is mouth-watering and tells us about your unique way of looking at design
• A clear understanding of design thinking and an appreciation for user-centric design
• A functional understanding of frontend development and what you can/can not do as a designer
• Extensive experience presenting to and collaborating with clients while also having the courage to debate design rationale
• Any additional creative skill sets are welcome and interesting (tell us about them!)
• Knowledge of digital marketing strategies and tactics a bonus
What You’ll Get To Do:
• Design user interfaces for a wide range of websites and platforms
• Participate in exploration and ideation workshops internally and with client teams
• Produce digital and traditional assets for use in marketing campaigns
• Proactively make strategic recommendations to clients
• Work hand in hand with the business development team to pitch new clients when required
• Be proactive and keep up to date on industry trends and new platforms/channels
We’re an informal yet professional, group that truly cares about one another, and our culture is probably articulated best on sites such as Glassdoor, Facebook, and Instagram. If you find yourself leaning a bit closer to the screen, you should probably get in touch.
Thanks for taking the time to check out this opportunity! Unfortunately, due to the number of applications, we receive we are not able to contact everyone who applies. However, all applications are all stored in our talent database and will be considered for future opportunities.
Job Application Link: https://www.majortom.com/careers/#careers-van