Front End/Full Stack Developer
Massive Media is looking for a Front End / Full Stack Developer to join their office in Vancouver.
Position: Front End/Full Stack Developer
Posted: 20 March 2020
Massive is a Vancouver-based full-service branding and creative agency helping brands craft impactful experiences in digital and analog environments.
We’re looking for a team member with proven front-end/full-stack web development skills to join our team. This is a full-time role, located here at our HQ in Vancouver, BC.
At Massive, you’ll collaborate with a diverse team of talented designers and strategists to build world-class brands, websites and campaigns for our partners. The right candidate is comfortable in a fast-paced interdisciplinary environment, has excellent communication skills, and is passionate about development and design.
What you will do:
• Based on RFPs, work with the team to produce estimates, establish timeframes, and identify potential roadblocks/risks to successful delivery
• Based on project briefs, work with the team to roadmap the development of web sites and supporting infrastructure
• When executing, strike a balance between functional and aesthetic design. Work efficiently and iteratively to deliver value early and identify/communicate challenges that require input from other team members before they affect timelines/deliverables
• Optimize site for speed/usability across desktop, tablet and mobile platforms
• Work constructively with team members across disciplines through roadblocks and challenges, solving problems and supporting the team while remaining porous to feedback
• Test/QA your work as you execute. Seek to understand what ‘done’ actually means to the team and the client
What you bring:
• Strong experience working with WordPress from scratch
• Excellent communication skills with both colleagues and external clients
• Capacity to manage priorities and deadlines
• Capacity to work in a rapidly-evolving environment
• Passionate about cutting-edge technology
• Strong team player, analytical and dynamic
• Self-directed, self-starting
• Capacity to transform management protocols into effective technology
• Experience & understanding of security best practices
• Exceptional attention to detail – you take pride in your work and sweat the small stuff
• Experience with Shopify is a bonus
• Experience with CMS platforms (e.g. Squarespace) is a bonus
• Experience managing workload in project management software, and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with project managers
• Min. 5 yrs experience in front-end development
• Proven record of site speed and mobile optimization
• Experience & understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
• Experience & understanding of applied SEO and analytics
Have a GitHub profile or similar? We’d love to see it!
What We’re Looking For:
At Massive, our team is expected to develop a diverse skill-stack, but at the core, we just need
• An exceptional and strategic front-end/full-stack developer with a passion for people, digital, and a desire to grow with a team!
Job Application Link: https://engagemassive.com/careers/frontend-developer/