Senior UX/UI Designer
Evolution 7 is looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer to join their office in Melbourne.
Employer: Evolution 7
Location: Melbourne / Australia
Position: Senior UX/UI Designer
We’re growing rapidly and on the hunt for an experienced and savvy senior UX/UI designer with razor-sharp skills to join our crack team and get a foot in the door in an award-winning agency on the rise.
You would have a major role in a highly regarded agency producing top-tier, award winning websites and digital projects. We have a strategy-led design practice with a user-centred philosophy, working closely with resources both agency- and client-side to determine customer insights, personas, and customer experience mapping to inform our thinking prior to producing beautiful and highly functional work that meets and exceeds the needs of users.
Integral to our design philosophy is the ability to articulate the reasons behind your work and the design intent. Your energy and passion for design will inspire others and drive the essence of our projects.
Work extends across the digital spectrum, with a range of exciting projects including responsive websites, mobile sites & apps, interactive campaigns, microsites, and more. We work with global brands, Australian companies, startups and a range of interesting & diverse clients who share our passion for technology & creativity.
We can welcome you to our creative & passionate culture where we like to make every day a fulfilling and enjoyable one – we love what we do. You’ll be working alongside experts across the creative, development and strategy disciplines; we are strategy-led, results-focused, and collaborative in style; you will have the opportunity to work directly with clients to develop briefs, present concepts and realise visionary work. Plus, you get to hang out with an awesome bunch of people devoted to making cool stuff every day.
This is a unique opportunity to get in at the ground level of a rapidly growing digital agency and we’ll look after you with a decent salary plus a profit share which is unique to the industry. Could you be our next Evolutionary?
• Inspire with your passion, creativity, and love of design
• Work closely with the strategy team to develop user insights, including interviews, usability testing, multivariate testing and customer journey mapping
• Craft best practice user experience (UX) including information architecture, wireframes, user journeys and interface designs
• Design beautiful experiences and UI elements based on a user-centred, strategy-led approach
• Evangelise and provide guidance on best practice user experience design
• Collaborate with the strategy and dev teams and provide design expertise to the rest of the agency
• Liaise directly with clients and articulately respond to their needs
• Proactively contribute to ongoing development and process improvement
• Contribute, share ideas, be passionate, and inspire your colleagues!
• 12 months to permanent
Required + desired:
• 5+ years commercial experience, preferably agency side
• Excellent visual design and user experience design skills
• Expert in Sketch & Adobe products
• Strong typography, design, and colour handling skills
• Demonstrated range of styles & briefs
• Demonstrated expertise in creating top-level commercial work
• Self-motivated, passionate, energetic and enthusiasistic
• Mild caffeine addiction & decent taste in music 🙂
How To Apply:
You’ll need to show off your chops by:
• Completing the online application and including a copy of your CV
• Attach a cover letter telling us why you think you would be great for this role
• Include a link to your portfolio demonstrating your skills
• Supply us with a random factoid about yoursel
• Great opportunity to be a pivotal part of our creative team
• Be rewarded with our growth via profit share arrangement
• Be part of a creative and passionate culture
• Cool studio environment – multi level converted warehouse in hip Cremorne precinct
• Work from a great central location close to CBD, public transport, and bike paths
• Develop your skills & attend industry conferences
• Day off on your birthday
• Enjoy fresh fruit, breakfast & refreshments provided to all staff
• Work/life balance
• We’re nice people!
– NO RECRUITERS PLEASE.
(“Curiosity about life in all of its aspects, I think, is still the secret of great creative people.” – Leo Burnett)
Job Application Link: https://www.evolution7.com.au/culture/work-with-us#op-252994-senior-uxui-designer