Senior PHP Developer
Tangent is looking for a Senior PHP Developer to join their office in Newcastle.
At Tangent, we help businesses realise their potential by reimagining customer experiences. We work with globally renowned brands, as well as start-ups and pride ourselves on our long-standing relationships. We’re proudly independent, with teams in London’s Fitzrovia (50 people) and Newcastle city centre (30 people). We’re looking for a Senior PHP Developer to join our talented Newcastle team, working with one of our longest standing FTSE100 clients.
We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic PHP developer with full stack experience to join our in-house technical team.
Working on some of our key client accounts, you will help support and develop a wide range of applications written in a variety of languages, including PHP and Python or NodeJs.
Proficiency in using Linux is essential. Experience with ECS, Docker and knowledge of cloud services including AWS and Kubernetes are also desirable.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
• An expert knowledge of PHP and web frameworks such as Symfony and Laravel, and/or
– A good understanding of Python and web frameworks such as Django and Flask
– A good understanding of NodeJs; React experience would be a distinct advantage
• Experience working in an agile development team; implementing best practice coding standards to ensure quality, whilst delivering projects on time and on budget
• Familiarity with object-oriented design and design patterns
• The ability to estimate technical effort, licencing and hosting costs
• The ability to highlight technical risks and communicate potential mitigation strategies to the project management team
• Knowledge of advanced testing such as load, security and performance testing
• The ability to plan, design and write automated tests including unit, integration and front-end (Selenium) tests
• Knowledge of implementing CI/CD pipelines
• The ability to run a version-controlled development environment using GIT
• Expertise with development methodologies such as DDD, BDD and TDD
The successful candidate will:
• Be an excellent communicator, able to articulate technical information in a succinct and meaningful way to non-technical colleagues and clients
• Have a passion about understanding, taking ownership and becoming the custodian of complex systems, as well as working on innovative new projects
• Have experience in running workshops with various stakeholders to define technical requirements
• Be able to work as part of a team; working closely with PMs, front and back-end developers, QA analysts and dev ops engineers
• Be able to integrate with a wide range of CRMs, APIs and third-party services
• Have an interest in emerging technologies, including microservice architecture, ML, bots and voice fulfilment
• Have the ability to plan technical projects; spotting risks, issues and dependencies and communicate them to the wider team
• Be a self-starter, comfortable working autonomously when needed
• Have experience working in an agency environment
• Help define and enforce a release management process, as well as preparing clear release notes
• Python/Django or NodeJs/React
• ElasticSearch, SOLR
• AWS (EC2, ECS, EKS, etc)
• API integrations including REST and SOAP
Bonus points if you also have:
• SOLID Practitioner
• Vue, Angular
• .NET Core or .NET Framework
• WordPress, Drupal and DjangoCMS
How to apply:
Please drop us your CV over email or contact us on +44 (0)20 7462 6100 if you’d like to apply.
Job Application Link: https://www.tangent.co.uk/careers/php-developer-newcastle