Senior Android Engineer
Y Media Labs is looking for a Senior Android Engineer to join their office in San Francisco.
Employer: Y Media Labs
Location: San Francisco / USA
Position: Senior Android Engineer
Y Media Labs is a creative technology company that helps brands re-imagine their customer experiences. We create digital products with purpose that have lasting impact on users’ lives and clients’ businesses.
Through next generation technologies and world-class design, we help brands like Apple, PayPal, L’Oreal, Home Depot, and Staples develop solutions that drive major business outcomes. Founded in 2009, Y Media Labs is headquartered in Silicon Valley with four offices worldwide including Atlanta, Indianapolis & Bangalore.
We came of age with the invention of the app store. We have mobile in our DNA. We create solutions across the digital ecosystem. But we approach these problems from our mobile roots. Unlike agencies who are born desktop, we are deeply connected to how consumer perception has shifted thanks to the mobile lifestyle.
We have delighted over 407 million users, built over 200+ apps with 6.45 million downloads, partnered with 28 Fortune 500 companies, been responsible for over $100 billion in mobile transactions and been featured on the app store over 700+ times!
Portfolio of our work can be found @ ymedialabs.com/work
Live look into our engineering team @medium.com/ymedialabs-innovation
Live look into our design team @dribbble.com/ymedialabs
As an engineer, the first word that comes to mind that describes YML is “care”. People care about their coworkers, project team, and the products they are building. People want to be the best they can be and it shows in the products we produce.
• Lead and mentor one or more Android teams in the development of user-first mobile applications
• Hands-on contribution to the development of mobile applications. Serve as a role model for code quality, process and its improvements
• Hands-on coding, system analysis, design, and the delivery of digital system
• Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner within project constraints
• Cultivate a collaborative working environment and a culture of ownership with a growing team
• Aspiring Leader — you are both a team leader and a team player
• Resourceful — you are a go-getter that leads by example, drives self research and is an endless problem solver
• Clear — you provide clear and actionable direction to your team and clients
• Collaborative — a dynamic team player, you are proactive about soliciting and giving feedback
• Passionate — you love quality engineering, design and technology and the role it has in the shaping the future
• Provide good technical guidance to project team members so that their abilities and the overall project quality are enhanced
• 6 years minimum overall experience in software programming with 4 years minimum specializing in Android application development
• At least 2 published applications on the Android Marketplace available for immediate download and review by our team
• Extensive use of Java I/O, Collections, Algorithms and other well known application frameworks
• Comfortable developing rich GUI’s for Android
• Experience with source code management techniques using Git and/or SVN
• Solid grasp of algorithms, memory management, object oriented programming, MVC programming, and concurrent programming
• Extensive experience detecting and correcting memory usage issues, as well as optimizing code for application performance
• A solid understanding of operating system fundamentals such as processes, inter-process communication, multi-threading primitives, race conditions and deadlocks
• Ability to develop APIs is BIG plus
• Ability to function effectively and communicate with cross-functional teams — Design, Project/Product Management, Quality Assurance, Strategy, Data Science, Innovations Team, Marketing, Talent, etc, and manage continuously changing business needs
Job Application Link: https://ymedialabs.com/role?gh_jid=P_AAAAAAIAACBGz2fcjOdr8v