Lead QA Engineer
Y Media Labs is looking for a Lead QA Engineer to join their office in San Francisco.
Employer: Y Media Labs
Location: San Francisco / USA
Position: Lead QA Engineer
Y Media Labs is a creative technology company that helps brands re-imagine their customer experiences. We create digital products with purpose that have lasting impact on users’ lives and clients’ businesses.
Through next generation technologies and world-class design, we help brands like Apple, PayPal, L’Oreal, Home Depot, and Staples develop solutions that drive major business outcomes. Founded in 2009, Y Media Labs is headquartered in Silicon Valley with four offices worldwide including Atlanta, Indianapolis & Bangalore.
We came of age with the invention of the app store. We have mobile in our DNA. We create solutions across the digital ecosystem. But we approach these problems from our mobile roots. Unlike agencies who are born desktop, we are deeply connected to how consumer perception has shifted thanks to the mobile lifestyle.
We have delighted over 407 million users, built over 200+ apps, partnered with 28 Fortune 500 companies, been responsible for over $60 billion in mobile transactions and been featured on the app store over 700+ times!
Portfolio of our work can be found @ ymedialabs.com/work
Live look into our engineering team @ medium.com/ymedialabs-innovation
Live look into our design team @ dribbble.com/ymedialabs
As our Lead QA Engineer, it will be your responsibility to ensure YML delivers first-class products that delight our clients and their customers. Working with our Director of Engineering, you will define standards and methodologies that guide the development teams to success. Success is achieved by passionately advocating for technical excellence, software quality, and organizational improvements. Through your leadership and mentorship, you will serve as a role model for your team; guiding them to success, milestone after milestone.
As an engineer, the first word that comes to mind that describes YML is “care”. People care about their coworkers, project team, and the products they are building. People want to be the best they can be and it shows in the products we produce.
• Lead a team of QA engineers to develop, edit, maintain and mentor automation scripts
• Define and communicate the accurate mobile test strategy to provide qualitative and quantitative status/defect reports in a timely fashion
• Perform mobile test task estimation, test execution, regression testing, and functional system testing
• Track and analyze test results and work closely with developers to isolate and reproduce defects
• Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner within project constraints
• Cultivate a collaborative working environment and a culture of ownership with a growing team
• Leader — you are both a team leader and a team player
• Resourceful — you are a go-getter that leads by example, drives self research and is an endless problem solver
• Clear — you provide clear and actionable direction to your team and clients
• Collaborative — a dynamic team player, you are proactive about soliciting and giving feedback
• Passionate — you love product quality, engineering, design and technology and the role it has in the shaping the future
• 8 years minimum overall experience in Quality Assurance testing with 4 years minimum specializing in professional native iOS / Android / wearables testing
• Automation: UI Automation for Android & iOS, Appium, Selenium, JUnit, JMeter and Monkey Runner
• Database: SQL and MONGO
• Extensive experience detecting and correcting memory usage issues, as well as optimizing code for application performance
• Proven experience in building and designing test cases, strong analytical & problem solving, documentation, and communication skills
• Detailed knowledge of build process and submission of applications to the Apple Store and Google Marketplace
• Ability to function effectively and communicate with cross-functional teams — Design, Project/Product Management, Quality Assurance, Strategy, Data Science, Innovations Team, Marketing, Talent, etc, and manage continuously changing business needs
Job Application Link: https://ymedialabs.com/role?gh_jid=P_AAAAAAIAACBPj9Zz4pP2JC