NEXT/NOW is looking for a Game Designer to join their office in Chicago.
Location: Chicago / USA
Position: Game Designer
Are you looking for a game design opportunity that gives you endless opportunities to grow, learn and do amazing work?
Who we are:
We use natural user interfaces, gesture and motion interactivity, innovative display concepts, and breakthrough technology to create unforgettable moments of connection between people and organizations. We have an amazing team of computer programmers, designers and producers. Our office culture is fun and collaborative!
What we do:
We craft real world interactive installations using both touch and touchless HIDs. We create augmented reality applications, virtual reality experiences, touchscreen games, motion reactive particle walls, projection mapping installations, programmable LED installations, digital art galleries and much more.
We work primarily in Unity3D but often use Chrome applications, Node.js, Touch Designer, and anything else to get the job done.
Who we are looking for:
We are always on the lookout for skilled and versatile software engineers and game developers who bring technical and creative skills. Developers at Next/Now are part of collaborative teams comprised of digital artists and project managers.
We’re looking for candidates who are critical & creative thinkers, interested in research and design, and passionate about next-generation interactive experiences.
• Work with augmented reality platforms (ARKit, ARCore, Vuforia, etc.)
• Work with virtual reality platforms (Vive, Rift, Go, etc.)
• Work on standalone PC applications ranging from games to touchscreen applications
• Collaborate with a team to develop applications on potentially short timelines
• 2+ years of experience using Unity with C# (Internship/classroom experience is ok)
• Experience with mobile application development including deployment of apps to iOS and Android devices
• Experience with version control (SVN, git)
• Familiarity with computer and networking hardware
Preferred, but not required:
• Experience with one or more of the following: Touch Designer, three.js, HTML/CSS
• Experience working with depth cameras (Microsoft Kinect, Intel RealSense)
• Competitive salary
• Great work-life balance (we aim for 9-5 workdays)
• 10 vacation days to start (plus an extra week between Christmas and New Year’s)
• Health and Dental benefits, commuter benefits.
Job Application Link: https://nextnowagency.com/careers/