Front end Developer
Distinction is looking for a Front end Developer to join their office in Nottingham.
Location: Nottingham / UK
Position: Front end Developer
We’re looking for an experienced Front end Developer to work with our largest key clients to drive innovation on their websites and applications.
You’ll be directly involved in:
• Scoping requirements and creating estimates
• Building and updating digital solutions using front-end technologies
• Testing and debugging solutions
• Following and improving development processes
• Working with a range of clients and projects (not just one client or project)
• Leading and supporting others within the team
If you believe in excellence and have the communication and collaboration skills required, then this could be a great role for you.
Desirable skills & experience:
You’ll need an eye for detail, with strong analytical skills and commercial understanding. Above all, you should be proud of your work and the code you produce. You’ll be a team player, fun, happy to muck in, ambitious, passionate, honest, and energetic.
You’ll be expected to hit the ground running and start working with our clients straight quickly – delivering clean and documented code on time and budget.
Whilst you’ll be encouraged to expand and improve your skill set at Distinction, essential technical skills and experience needed for this role include:
• A minimum of 4 years commercial Front end web development experience
• Solid experience building and deploying SPAs at scale using either the Angular, React or Vue ecosystem (we are using Vue).
• Strong skills int HTML, CSS, SASS following their best practices
• Enjoy and have experience in building UIs with modern tools like ES6 and Webpack
• To care strongly about performance, accessibility and API design.
• To be a team player and enjoy collaborating with diﬀerent people and proﬁles as well as share knowledge
• To love technical challenges and strive for continuous development
• Some experience with server-side programming of APIs
• Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
• Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
• Experience with content management and ecommerce systems, such as Kentico, Sitecore, Umbraco, Sitefinity, EpiServer, Ektron, and similar
• A bright team player with the ability to work under own initiative
• Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment
• Able to work quickly and accurately
• Empathetic approach to problem solving
• Good time and stress management skills
• A proactive and organised personality
• Reliable and cooperative
• Personable and approachable
• Professional attitude to work with good communication skills
You’ll get bonus points for:
• Previous experience in a digital agency
• Experience with content management systems, especially Kentico or Umbraco
• Automation testing including load testing and web driver browser testing
• Experience working with and configuring cloud computing providers (Azure, Amazon)
Salary, Benefits and Perks:
Salary is dependent on experience. Please state your expectation on application.
Other benefits include:
• Clear career roadmap: Personalised programme of continual development
• Personal budget: Your own budget for books, courses and other materials
• Location: Easy to get to city centre location
• Pension: Optional pension scheme
• Local and global events: Opportunity to attend local and global industry events
• Culture: Fantastic culture with regular organised social events
• Flexible working: Balance your work and personal life
• Opportunity to work from home: You pick how you prefer to work
Job Application Link: https://distinction.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/view.php?id=10
Distinction is a strategy-led digital agency, with a growing reputation for delivering award-winning integrated digital campaigns.
4-6 Broadway, The Lace Market, Nottingham, NG1 1PS UK
0203 096 3024