SocialChain is a multi-award winning social media marketing agency with offices in Manchester, London and New York. We’re a creator-led collective with experience executing full-scale social campaigns for big-name brands like PUMA, Apple and the BBC.
Since 2014, we’ve been responsible for pushing social forward, and breaking tradition boundaries to establish the gold standard in social media marketing. We’ve been able to do this by constantly embracing change, and by bringing in new people who contribute to Social Chain’s evolution. That’s where you come in.
In February 2023, we became part of the Brave Bison universe as the Social & Influencer division of the business. This extends our social media services into wider marketing and tech territories, working with brands like New Balance and Currys.
Closing Date – 23rd February 2024
Please note, applications may close earlier than this date depending on applicant numbers.
Outline of the role:
As an Account Director, you will contribute to a high calibre team in a business that is experiencing rapid and dramatic growth. This requires a self-starter who can not only build strong relationships but also create and execute a business plan and operate within Social Chain’s rapidly evolving commercial landscape. Success in this position will require a blend of a strong consultative sales approach, analytical skills, with experience in commercially focused client services in a team environment and excellent client servicing.
- Understand the impact of changes happening within your client’s business and how clients are adapting the way they go to market
- Team management and development, experience in managing teams of 3 – 5 people. Acting as a leader to a team of account managers and account executives. Ensuring that clear progression plans are in place and the team are motivated to achieve
- Achieving targets, ensuring these are delivered on time and within budget
- Experience in delivering social first and creator campaigns for global brands
- Establishing efficiencies and being proactive to ensure the number of internal reviews are kept to a minimum and limiting the number of times that a client/manager chases for info/updates
- Ensure that clients receive the highest level of operational client service – contributing to excellent client servicing scores with global clients
- Ability to multi-task across clients and projects and organise the team to ensure optimum delivery not only within Client Services, but the wider agency
- Foster and build strong client relationships, and productive ways of working with partner agencies
- Accurate forecasting and strong commercial understanding
- Identify and prioritise business opportunities, build pitches and close with clients
- Create persuasive presentations using market trends, case studies, and SocialChain solutions
- Develop and implement best practice for client interaction, sales, and services, including a good understanding of working with advertisers and media/creative agencies
- Analyse campaign performance, build case studies and recommended future solutions
- Translate business objectives into campaign strategy, proposing campaign structures and implementing a measurement solution
- Oversee the management of planning, execution and ongoing reporting/optimisation of campaigns ensuring all activity ladders back to, and delivers against, the strategy
- Maintain knowledge of digital marketing, technology and SocialChain solutions
- Represent SocialChain at relevant events
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in an Account Director role
- Agency experience required (social agency preferred)
- Social and Collaborator (influencer) experience
- Team management experience (3 – 5 people)
What you’ll get:
- Hybrid Working: 2 office days per week
- Flexible Working: Choose your own shift pattern, flexing around our core hours of 10am-4pm
- Above-statutory employer’s pension contribution: It matters, so we make sure it’s done properly
- Headspace Subscription: Now more than ever, it’s important to mind your mind!
- 25 days annual leave: This increases to 27 days after three years with us, and then increases every subsequent year up to a max. of 30 days
- Christmas closure: No need to save holiday days for the Christmas closure period. It’s on us!
- Birthdays off: One extra day to celebrate your big day
- Summer hours: Between June and Aug we finish at 15.00 every Friday
- Online coaching: Unlimited coaching via MoreHappi
- Remote Working: Work abroad for up to one month a year
- Performance & Salary: Reviewed twice a year for everyone
- Free Food + Drink in the office: Our snack drawer and fridges are always full!
- ‘Choose Your Own’ Benefits: Upon successfully completing your probationary period
SocialChain promotes equal opportunities in employment and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
We will screen all applicants and select candidates whose skills and experience seem to meet our needs.
Employment is subject to the provision of proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Job Application Link: https://www.socialchain.com/culture-and-careers/