User Experience Designer
Boston Interactive is looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to join their Boston office.
Employer: Boston Interactive
Location: Boston / USA
Position: User Experience Designer
Boston Interactive is looking for a high-level thinker that can dive into complex business challenges and architect innovative, effective solutions. If you are passionate about the web, fanatical about user-centric design and bring lots of creativity to your work, then Boston Interactive may just be the place for you.
We are looking for a user experience designer with outstanding conceptual design skills and a strong understanding of information architecture and user-centered design principles. Candidates should have experience in all phases of user experience design: discovery (competitive research, analytics, & interviews, persona development, user journeys and experience mapping), wireframe design, prototyping, user research, interactive design & creative direction. We offer a friendly, collaborative environment within a passionate team that loves their work.
• Develop and present effective site strategies, site maps, wireframes, and user flows
• Collaborate with clients, translating business needs into user experience solutions that meet the needs of complex organizations
• Ability to make successful strategic and tactical design recommendations based on usability findings, standard design practices, and internal and external feedback
• Run and participate in workshops and work directly with clients to identify overarching business and content goals
• Work collaboratively with practice leads and senior members of the design team to generate thoughtful, innovative, and relevant creative strategies across a broad range of media channel
• Conduct effective research, including competitive analysis, user and stakeholder interviews, analytics assessment, and heuristic analysis
• Work with team to develop key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure designs are measurable
• Facilitate on-site & off-site design workshops that gain consensus and inform design
• Create functional prototypes, testing scripts and conduct user research
• Create and document complex site/ application information and interaction designs
• Work with our internal team to continually refine and evolve our User Experience process
• Develop user journeys and personas
• Partner with client teams to build successful relationships and help to identify new opportunities for selling in content/strategic services within existing accounts
Qualifications and Skills:
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the UX field
• Experience using research to develop customer journey maps
• Portfolio demonstrating detailed wireframes and sitemaps for web products, websites, and apps
• Strong knowledge of interaction design, UX, Information architecture, and research methodologies and best practices
• Experience designing for mobile and responsive design
• Uncover user insights through various forms of research methodologies and an ability to translate insights into actionable input for the UX and design team
• Facilitate research sessions and be familiar with various types of traditional user research, including cart sorts, remote and in-person usability testing, eye tracking, customer and stakeholder workshops, as well as co-creative activities
• Familiar with Axure prototyping tool, Invison, and unmoderated testing platforms such as Usertesting.com or Usertesting.io
• Passionate about UX, including technology, psychology, marketing and design; constantly striving to learn more and collaborate with teams
• Advocate for collaboration and internal cross-pollination with designers, technology & management
• Organized and attentive to detail
• Able to work in fast-paced environments and strive to meet deadlines
• Strong presentation, advocacy and communication skills
• Able to travel occasionally for presentations and research
• Coursework in User Experience, Human Computer Interaction, Psychology or related fields
• Familiarity with analytics platforms such as GA, Hotjar, Crazy Egg, Mixpanel, and Tableau
• Experience in visual design, front end development, content strategy, service design, or customer design, a big plus (unicorns welcome)
Qualified candidates should apply online and include a portfolio link with a list of projects that you played an integral role.
Boston Interactive will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Agency must obtain advance written approval from Boston Interactive’s recruiting function to submit resumes to a specific job opening.
Why You’ll Love It Here
We work hard here, so we take our fun seriously. As a Boston Interactive team member, not only will you contribute to amazing projects and build a worthwhile career, you’ll also enjoy the benefits that turn a simple job into a passion.
Job Application Link: https://www.bostoninteractive.com/careers