Senior Content Strategist
Beyond is looking for a Senior Content Strategist to join their office in London.
Location: London / UK
Position: Senior Content Strategist
We’re looking for a Content Strategist to help us create exceptional digital products for some of the world’s most exciting brands (Google, Snapchat, Facebook, Warner Brothers, News UK, to name a few).
This role will sit within the Design team, requiring an equal mastery of strategic thinking as well as experience within all forms of content. You will own the London-based content work, including creating, editing and publishing written content of varying types, long and short form, and leading editorial planning and strategy. Aside from crafting copy, ideal candidates will be able to understand a client’s or product’s digital strategy and plan how this can be delivered through content.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated and have very strong client-interfacing skills. You will be highly organised, able to develop client-ready work and synthesise data and insights to create a holistic narrative. You should also thrive in a flat, entrepreneurial environment where good ideas come from all directions. At Beyond, you will work regularly and directly with researchers, experience and product designers, client and product strategists, and members of the technology team.
• 5+ years experience as a Content Strategist
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in related field, such as English, Journalism, Film, Creative Writing etc.
• Previous experience in a digital, advertising or branding environment
Tier 1 – Excellent level of competency:
• Possesses strong copywriting and content production skills across a wide range of content formats including (but not limited to) video, web copy, blog posts, emails, reports, infographics, guides, social content etc.
• Strong research and analytical skills; expertise in content organisation, material review and synthesis
• Can communicate in many different voices, finding it easy to adapt for brand, audience, format, purpose etc.
• Communicates well with clients, perceives their needs and pain points and is able to articulate complex ideas and problems
• Proactive leadership of content ideation, planning and creation
• Solid skills in editorial and content management i.e. knowing when, where and how to publish content (specific to its format, audience and purpose), how best to distribute it and how to regularly evaluate and adjust your work
• Excellent understanding of different content publishing channels – web, social, email etc. – and the different purposes each serves
• Able to manage junior copywriters and freelancers (task delegation, review, constructive feedback)
• Participates in brainstorms and idea generation exercises, internally with colleagues and externally with clients and other stakeholders
• Can process and deconstruct data and insights and how to use them to tell the best possible story
• Focuses on details, particularly for implementing rules and governance around content
Tier 2 – Good level of competency:
• Understands the core tenets of storytelling — both in the execution of projects and for client communication
• Possesses a keen sense for design and visual presentation
• Can review, deconstruct, challenge and respond to client and internal briefs
• Can clearly communicate content needs and processes to project and account teams
• Maintains a strong sense of proactivity and curiosity — always looking to find opportunities where we could be doing more and increasing agency value for our clients
Required Skills :
• Excellent written English, spelling, punctuation, grammar and proofreading skills
• Extensive experience working with word processing and presentation software applications (especially Google Docs, Slides, etc.)
• Experience using website content management systems
• Understanding of basic HTML formatting
• Basic knowledge of Google Analytics (and other web analytics services)
• Basic knowledge of Photoshop and other Creative Suite applications (not required)
• Familiarity with UX techniques and methodologies
Perks of Working at Beyond :
• A team of passionate people who genuinely care about what they do and the standard of work they produce
• An awesome new office space
• Agile working
• Opportunities to make a difference in a nimble, highly productive environment
• Inter-office travel opportunities
• Minimum of £500 flexible benefits allowance such as healthcare & dental
• 6% matched contribution pension scheme
• 25 days holiday, plus your birthday off for free and a paid office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day (so a total of at least 30 days leave a year PLUS bank holidays!)
Monthly social events organised by the Beyond social committee
***We are open to talking about flexible working at interview stage. Want to know more? Ask us when you apply!***
If you think this role is a match for you, please submit your CV and optionally a cover letter, outlining how you meet the requirements for the job and explain how you would make a great addition to the Beyond team. If you would like to know more about the role, please reach out to [email protected] via LinkedIn.
Job Application Link: https://bynd.com/careers