How to Write Compelling Content That Will Inspire Your Followers
42% of B2B marketers say they’re effective at content marketing. But in a world where content marketing is taking over, how do you make sure your content stands out from the crowd?
To marketers, it’s no surprise that when done correctly, content marketing can produce some incredible results for your business. But with so much noise online, how can you cut through it?
Well, it starts with creating content. Compelling content, to be specific. The type that stands out and packs a bit of a punch that will leave the audience feeling inspired, even after they’ve scrolled past your post.
Truly eye-catching content can be difficult to create. But we’re here to give you that winning ticket in the content lottery that will have you creating memorable content week in, week out!
What Does ‘Compelling Content’ Look Like?
Ultimately, it’s content that resonates with people, converts to more followers, leads and sales and makes people feel something.
How Can I Create It?
Now, the moment you’ve all been waiting for!
The secret recipe for creating irresistible and inspiring content that will leave your followers itching for more.
- Know your audience: Before you let your imagination run wild and your fingertips tap away at the keyboard, you need to have a good understanding of who you’re writing for. Whilst delving into your audience demographics is vital, understanding what they’ll be seeking from your content is equally as important. Insights and analytics show you what content is getting the most attraction. But asking your followers what content they want to see is the ideal way to gain first-hand market research into what you should be curating.
- Start with a hook: If you start flat, your readers will click off your page straight away. Opening your content, with a hook will ensure your readers are gripped from the get-go and make them stick around until the end. Some of the most effective hooks are:
- using a statistic
- sharing a fun-fact
- asking a direct question
- Show your brand’s personality: No matter what you’re trying to achieve with your content, it’s important to reflect your brand voice within it. No one wants to read content that lacks human touch and sounds like it’s been written by a robot. By sprinkling in some humor and showcasing your brand voice, your readers will be eagerly ready and waiting for your next upload!
- Make your writing easy to read: When it comes to long-form content, such as blogs and newsletters, you need to ensure your writing is easy to understand. Try to avoid complex sentences that will make your audience click off the post due to brain overload. Using online tools such as Hemingway App can make your writing clear, concise and SEO optimized. Result!
- Provide valuable insights: When reading your content, your audience is bound to ask the question ‘Well, what’s in it for me?’. This is why you need to approach your content with a purpose. Feeding your audience golden nuggets of information that they can’t find elsewhere will ensure that they keep coming back for more valuable insights into your field.
How We Can Help?
At blazon, we’re the content marketing connoisseurs. We can help your company thrive by creating captivating content that guarantees your audience is smiling, laughing, and clicking that ‘follow’ button. From social media content to email marketing, blog posts, newsletters, website content, and more – you name it, blazon can do it!