The winners of the 21st Annual Webby Awards were announced this week. BBDO New York won six Webby Awards, including the Webby Agency of the Year!
Besides taking home the top honor of being “Webby Agency of the Year”, BBDO New York earned more Webby Awards and nominations across all categories than any other agency this year.
The ceremony was hosted by comedian and actor, Joel McHale and celebrated the most innovative, inspiring, and entertaining work on the Internet.
Other prominent award winners of the Webby Agency of the Year were Droga5 – five Webby Awards and four Webby nominations -, McCann New York – five Webby Awards and four Webby nominations -, R/GA, three Webby Awards and four Webby nominations – and Wieden+Kennedy – two Webby Awards and four Webby nominations -.
According to The Drum, highlights from this year’s winning Branded Content include:
- Under Armour – Michael Phelps by Droga5 (TK) Viral (Branded)
- Sandy Hook Promise – Evan by BBDO New York (TK) Viral Marketing (Advertising, Media & PR), Short Form – Branded (Film & Video)
- The Field Trip to Mars by McCann New York (TK) VR, Gaming, Interactive, or Real-Time – Branded (Film & Video)
- The Lady Gaga + Intel Performance by Intel (TK) Live Experiences – Branded (Film & Video)
- Nike “Margot + Lily” by RSA Films (TK) Scripted – Branded (Film & Video)
- Greenpeace: A Journey to the Arctic by MediaMonks (TK) VR: Cinematic or Pre-Rendered – Branded (Film & Video)
- GIPHY Keys to Success by GIPHY (TK) Comedy – Branded (Film & Video)
- GE Unimpossible Films by BBDO New York (TK) Series – Branded (Film & Video)
David-Michel Davies, executive director of the Webby Awards, said:
Whether through humorous, inspiring, or sobering messages and imagery, this year’s winning campaigns and branded content captivated Internet fans around the world.
We’re honoured to recognize the Webby Award-winning creative work this year that broke the mould by elevating controversial issues, asking provocative questions, and entertaining and inspiring the Internet community.
Congratulations to all the agencies, we’re impressed by all these incredible projects. You can find the full list of winners, here.