What are some of the biggest social media marketing challenges faced by social media experts?
A study involving a survey of nearly 600 marketers was conducted by research firm TrustRadius, which sheds light on the matter and better helps marketers harness social media best, measure ROI and better understand the needs of their clients.
The following are the key takeaways from the study:
· 60% of the survey respondents reported that measuring the ROI of social media is the biggest challenge.
· Primary challenges include aligning goals, demonstrating value, and deriving insights from data.
· 80% of survey respondents indicated that “engagement” (i.e., likes, shares, comments, followers, etc.) is the most important metric for social media campaigns.
· In terms of sales metrics, 32% said leads are important and 28% said revenue is a key metric.
· The most common goals of social media programs are brand awareness, website traffic, and audience reach.
· The majority of respondents acknowledged that social media data and analytics impact their company’s social media marketing strategy.
For visual learners, this infographic by HubShout offers the highlights of the study, to better understand client expectations and face the challenges head-on: