Leading customer experience agency partners with PBS Kids and the Fred Rogers Company to launch Daniel Tiger for Parents, a new parent-directed app.
There’s a new Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood app that’s helping to make parenting preschoolers a little easier and more fun! The new parent-directed app, Daniel Tiger for Parents, is available on the App Store and Google Play. The app is free to download, and available in English and Spanish.
The development of the app was based on research from the Journal of Children and Media that said, “Children who watched Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood showed high level of empathy, self efficacy, and emotion recognition but it has to be accompanied by frequent parent-child-conversation about the lessons.” Thus, RED was tasked with building a platform to help children develop social and emotional skills, driven by parents & caregivers.
Photo capture and sharing functionality was an important feature for the app. “We wanted the parents to have the ability to capture those special moments when they are teaching their children a valuable life lesson,” says Daniel Mizraki, sr. director, business development, RED Interactive Agency. “So over time, parents will have a library of photo content to see the growth of their child as it relates to each lesson.”
The Daniel Tiger App for Parents, currently a favorite new app featured by Apple, is the perfect resource for parents to have everything they love from the series – including favorite songs, videos of Daniel and his parents, helpful hints from child development experts and more – right at their fingertips to turn everyday experiences with their preschoolers into valuable, teachable moments and develop their child’s social-emotional skills.
The app gives parents and children the opportunity to learn together about feelings, self-control, responsibility, kindness and more together, at home or on the go.
Daniel Tiger for Parents features include:
• Songs and videos from Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood to help parents and children learn core social-emotional skills together
• Dozens of sing along songs from Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood and videos that show how Daniel and his parents sing along together
• Photo capture of how your family uses Daniel Tiger’s songs in your life; notice the many little ways your child is learning and growing
• Helpful hints from child development experts about how children learn social-emotional skills
• Information and tips about topics including feelings, self-control, responsibility, confidence, new experiences, and kindness to prepare children for success in school and life by helping them get along with others and manage their feelings
• Available in English and Spanish
The app is supported with digital ads appearing on PBS.org and PBSParents.org. PBS KIDS will also be promoting via social media and on YouTube.
RED Interactive Agency partners with brands to create meaningful and connected customer experiences. RED works with the world’s most influential brands to help them successfully navigate an increasingly complex digital world. We are comprised of experienced strategists, creatives, technologists, designers, marketers, storytellers, and inventors.
Together, RED forms a passionate collective with a comprehensive suite of capabilities dedicated to creating meaningful and connected customer experiences across web, mobile, digital-to-physical, the internet of things (IOT), digital advertising and social. This is the connected ecosystem and it’s the foundation from which brands are evolving and growing their businesses to build long-lasting relationships with their customers.