Major Tom emphasizes two marketing workshop activities which are Moonshot Thinking and Time Warp. You can use their templates to conduct in-house to facilitate this type of strategic thinking.
Moonshot thinking is an activity that challenges the current way of thinking and opens the minds to the what-ifs in the world.
The purpose of moonshot thinking in the context of a business is to help an organization keep its eyes on the horizon and prepare itself as much as possible for the future. By encouraging an “anything is possible” mentality, it frames problems as solvable challenges. Therefore, it’s not only a very useful and fun exercise for any team thinking strategically, but also a great opportunity to brainstorm potential growth opportunities.
Although moonshot thinking is something that you can do on your own, it is far more productive to do as a team activity, leveraging the diversity of viewpoints a group can bring together.
Here is Major Tom’s favorite framework prepared by Young Entrepreneur Council:
- Zoom out: Try to visualize the bigger picture when it comes to your business.
- Change the picture: Push the boundaries of your imagination and imagine a future where anything is possible.
- Submerge yourself: Imagine how your business has adapted to survive in this new world.
- Paving the way to success: By reverse-engineering the ideas and radical solutions formed during the exercise.
This activity is a great way to anticipate future opportunities to keep your business ahead of the curve. Time Warp, for marketing purposes, involves taking an aspect of marketing as it is today, combines it with an emerging technology and then projects the predicted outcome.
If you’re curious about what technological innovations are coming around the corner hereare a few tips:
- Biometrics for security
- 5G network becoming readily available
- Blockchain, not just for currency, but for anything with transactional security
To learn more detailed information about these two marketing workshop activities, Major Tom has served a more inclusive source.