Drive Digital is looking for a WordPress Developer to join their office in Vancouver.
Employer: Drive Digital
Location: Vancouver / Canada
Position: WordPress Developer
Drive Digital is an award-winning digital agency based out of Yaletown with additional offices in Toronto and New York. We work with some amazing brands (Canuck Place Children’s Hospice, COBS Bread, Swiss Water Decaffeinated Coffee Company, BFL Canada) and are sister-agencies with 6S Marketing, one of Canada’s leading digital marketing agencies. And we are hiring!
We are on the hunt for an experienced WordPress Developer to come join our busy team. You will be producing high end WordPress sites while collaborating with our front end, UX and UI design teams.
The ideal experience for a WordPress Developer:
• You have at least 2 years of experience building clean, maintainable and scalable sites
• Extensive experience developing custom WordPress themes and functionality with PHP
• Experience maintaining and updating WordPress websites
• Experience with project documentation and architectural/development planning
• Solid experience with Git
• Experience working with WordPress plugins
• Knowledge of best practices for site security and a passionate commitment to maintaining the health of digital assets
• Proven track record of delivering solutions on time and on budget
• Some experience working with our core tool set: Grunt/Gulp, Bower, GitHub, BitBucket
• Server management experience with tools and processes such as cPanel, PHPMyAdmin, DNS, Cron Jobs, and bash scripting
• Experience with server side templating, server scripting and PHP templating engines are a bonus
• Exposure to MV* Frameworks (Angular, Backbone, React) is a bonus
Why life’s better at Drive Digital:
We’re dedicated to culture and creating an environment for smart and passionate people to thrive in. We offer a competitive compensation package, medical benefits, a generous time off package and numerous perks that you can’t put a price tag on. As a member of our team, you’ll be welcomed into our casual culture of jeans and t-shirts, bikes, video games and beer Fridays.
For more info on us and what we do, please visit www.drivedigital.ca
Please apply with your resume, a cover letter (including reference to a recent technical accomplishment you are proud of), a link to your portfolio, relevant code samples and/or your Git repository and components or apps you’ve built. Explanations and live demos are helpful too.
Thanks for taking the time to check out this opportunity! Unfortunately, due to the number of applications we receive we are not able to contact everyone who applies. However, all applications are all stored in our talent database and will be considered for future opportunities.
Drive Digital is an award winning creative digital agency, specializing in web design and development for a broad range of clients across North America.
404 -1120 Hamilton St Vancouver, BC V6B 2S2