AB The Creative Agency is looking for a WordPress Developer to join their team in Exeter.
Position: WordPress Developer
Posted: 11 March 2021
AB are looking for a highly capable and self motivated WordPress Developer to join us.
What We’re Looking For:
A great opportunity to join our existing Development team and work with project managers and designers, in a lively and sociable environment for an employer who believes in investing in their employees. The primary focus of the role is bespoke website development using WordPress and maintenance of various legacy systems. There may also be opportunities to work on other larger projects built using Laravel.
You Must Have Experience With:
• Ability to demonstrate a proven track record of delivering high quality bespoke WordPress themes and plugins
• Strong front end skills for responsive layout and micro interactions
• Attention to detail and quality assurance
• Understanding and use of APIs
• Database esp. MySQL
• CSS preprocessors ideally SASS
• Bootstrap 4
• Version control (Git)
• Code documentation
• Project planning and estimating
It would also be advantageous if you have experience in the following:
• Skills, knowledge and experience in WordPress SEO
• Vagrant / Docker
• Adobe XD
• Webserver configuration and performance
• Webserver security
• SSL and DNS configuration
• Logs and Monitoring
The Package And Benefits:
We’ll take good care of you:
• Competitive pay that reflects your experience
• Workplace pension (status dependent)
• Tailored training opportunities and career development
• Curiosity day-off: a day off to be curious about a topic of your choice
• Winter working hours flexibility
• 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays, and 1 additional day per full year served for three years.
• Team social events
• AB buddy who will help you settle in as part of a bespoke Induction plan.
We’d also usually offer a range of in-person benefits, such as tickets to conferences, free drinks Fridays, Summer and Christmas socials but we’ve having to adapt those into virtual experiences for now due to the pandemic.
Most of all, we’re a friendly team and we all support each other to do our best work. To get a glimpse of what it’s like to work at AB, please visit www.ab-uk.com, check out our curiosity blogs and explore our social channels.
Currently the development team are working remotely but our HQ is in Exeter, Devon and you’ll be required to regularly spend time in our Exeter office.
How To Apply:
We’re looking for exceptional individuals, so when you apply make sure you’re really showcasing why you’re perfect for this role. Please send your CV and provide examples of your work. This could be a link to your personal website, a list of links in your CV with a short summary about each project, or a Github profile. We don’t mind how but we’d like to see some of your fantastic work!
To apply, please email Corey Mackie, Digital Director.
To be eligible for this position you must have an established right to work in the UK (UK/EU passport or valid work permit).
While we endeavour to get back to every individual who applies, if you haven’t heard from us within 14 working days please assume you’ve been unsuccessful at this time.
Please, no recruiters.
Job Application Link: https://www.ab-uk.com/our-people/careers/wordpress-developer/