Yellow Pages is looking for a Website Designer to join their team in Vancouver.
Website Designers at Yellow Pages are responsible for designing custom websites for small and medium businesses across Canada, using information provided by the client as aggregated by our sales team and/or our team of website experts as well as client-provided and/or stock visual assets.
You will apply best web design practices to create easy-to-use and appealing websites for our clients while also keeping the end user and search engines in mind. On top of creating new websites, you will also be called upon to revise your work or the work of a colleague before the site’s publication as well as redesign and make changes to existing websites.
About Yellow Pages:
We’ve been in the game since 1908 and we continue to transform to offer our 125 000 clients the best possible products and services. We foster business relationships between Canadian small-to-medium businesses and their prospective customers. We do this by providing tailored, locally-relevant digital media and marketing solutions designed with both in mind. Over 76% of our revenue is generated by digital solutions.
What do you need to be a Web Designer at Yellow Pages?
- Diploma or Certificate in web design or a related field or a comparable amount of experience in a professional setting 1-2 years of experience in working in web or internet environment with a good understanding of website structure
- Experience working in Wix or similar web design editor platforms
- Knowledge of MS Office and pre-press software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Express, HTML, and Document Imaging/Viewing)
Nice to have:
- Good work ethics and be reliable The ability to work well within a team
- A focus on the customer and the end user Creativity and the ability to bring up new ideas
- A keen interest in keeping up with design trends
- Strong communication skills – written and spoken
- Discipline and an ability to be productive when working independently
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to easily spot small design flaws
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to prioritize projects to meet deadlines
- A positive attitude and the ability to welcome and accept critiques and art direction
- The capability to learn quickly and work well in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing
- The ability to import images, logos, and documents and analyze website content to ensure it contains the required information
Considered as assets:
- Experienced with Word Press Comfortable with SEO best practices
- Experienced in working in website creation
- Passionate about small businesses and had a strong sense of community
- Previously employed in an environment where productivity is measured
- The embodiment of Yellow Pages’ values: Collaboration, Creativity, Passion, Respect
You are ready to join the Yellow Pages adventure as a Web Designer ? Send us your resume and your portfolio right now.
Job Application Link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=3abde390-f93a-40de-bf93-e8c7cc8d9aa5&ccId=19000101_000001&lang=en_CA&jobId=491017
Yellow Pages Limited
Yellow Pages is a digital media and marketing solutions leader. We connect people and businesses in neighborhoods across Canada through our digital properties & services.
Our member agencies are always looking for the best candidates to hire.