DBNY is looking for a Web Developer to join their office in New York.
Location:New York / USA
Position: Web Developer
The Developer at DBNY is responsible for working closely with project team members to ensure successful build and delivery for our projects. You’re an expert in front-end development with an eye for design. You’ll be responsible for communicating high-level development concepts to non-technical team members and clients. You will help build best-in-class storefronts, apps, and integrations using modern web development principles.
We are looking for candidates who have at least 3+ years of professional experience in web development and has worked on cross-functional teams. Prior digital agency experience and familiarity with Shopify and WordPress platform is a requirement.
DBNY is a creative eCommerce agency that works with emerging direct to consumer brands and growing retailers such as Sonder Living, ALOHA, Aloft Home, LilGadgets, and Jemma Bag. We design and develop exceptional user experiences and help clients navigate marketing challenges across the eCommerce landscape
• Translate requirements and design mockups into fully functioning websites using HTML/CSS/JS
• Continuously look for ways to improve code quality and clients projects
• Clearly communicate solutions to team members and clients both verbally and in written documentation
• Implement new digital technologies or development techniques that help to meet client goals and business objectives
• Ongoing website maintenance including functional changes to eCommerce storefronts
• Build out design comps to pixel perfect accuracy
• Inspect and troubleshoot bugs and other QA issues
• Ensure that correct technology processes are being employed and followed on your projects.
• Contribute to best practices, workflows, and standards and company knowledge sharing
• Meet, communicate, and share knowledge regularly with all team members
• Assist with code review, release and deployment preparation
DBNY offers competitive salary, paid vacation, and a professional development stipend. Most importantly, we work on projects that truly impact our clients’ businesses and attract team members who love to be challenged with tough problems and fast-paced work.
• Experience working on eCommerce Shopify projects is a requirement
• Familiarity with PHP and content management systems including WordPress knowledge is a plus
• Working knowledge of Ruby on Rails is a plus
• Expert knowledge developing cross-platform/browser (iOS, Android, IE/Edge, Firefox, Safari) web applications
• Up-to-date understanding of market trends and a keen interest in following emerging technologies (React, VueJS, etc)
• Familiarity with and adherence to web standards and best practices to optimize for load time and perceived performance
• Experience working with source/version control platforms (Git) and git operations
• Knowledge of SEO and Accessibility best practices
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Strong communication skills (both in person and in writing) while interacting with individuals with a range of technical understanding
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, team environment
• Experience building mobile-first websites in responsive frameworks like Bootstrap or Zurb
• Experience collaborating with a design team to build out mockups and wireframes
Job Application Link: http://dbny.co/careers/web-developer/