Punchcut is looking for a Visual Designer to join their office in San Francisco.
Location: San Francisco / USA
Position: Visual Designer
Punchcut is looking for a Visual Designer to join our team. You should have a strong understanding of user-centered design and be comfortable working independently and in collaboration with other designers. You have at least 2 years of relevant design experience, including mobile apps/platforms, web, and/ or other consumer devices. You feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative, creative design studio environment.
• Serve as Visual Designer on client-facing projects
• Apply user-centered design process to solve problems in emerging contexts that have little precedence
• Participate in brainstorming and concepting sessions internally and with clients
• Explore a range of visual directions and participate in client reviews to make informed selections
• Iterate and refine visual systems based on client feedback
• Create production assets and document visual systems for engineering teams as necessary
• Sketch product concepts as part of a collaborative project team.
• 2+ years experience in digital design for mobile, television, tablet, web and software
• A stellar portfolio that demonstrates creative range and conceptual thinking
• Superior communication skills. You can rationalize your design decisions and articulate your thoughts clearly to teams and clients
• Passion for design and the evolution of the interactive user experience
• Solid understanding of mobile platforms and UI presentation-layer technologies
• Ability to produce quality work in short timeframes and manage time efficiently
• Ambitious, proactive, conceptual and honest
Bonus Points For:
• Consumer device UI currently in market
• 3D modeling, motion design and/or experience with AR/VR
We are a user interface design company specializing in mobile and convergent experiences across consumer devices. We provide strategy, design and development services – from original user research and usability studies to the complete design and development of custom interfaces. Clients span the industry, and include operators, device manufacturers and leading entertainment brands. Punchcut partners with clients to create solutions that place devices and services in new contexts and empower users at the center of the evolving device ecosystem.
We are looking for smart, energetic people who care about design, and value a good work-life balance. Because of our size and focus everyone shares real impact on the decisions we make. We’re striving to create a different kind of company; one where people are the priority and the future is the focus.
We also love the diversity, challenge and satisfaction that come from our projects. From creating a future user experience vision and strategy to assessing the detailed usability of next year’s hottest wearable, Punchcut designs the future. Punchcut also offers a balanced, life-friendly work environment, as well as medical/dental/life/disability insurance, paid time off, sabbatical time, a 401k plan, commuter benefits, and annual device and education allowances. Punchcut is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Application Link: https://www.punchcut.com/visual-designer
Punchcut is a digital product design and innovation company specializing in connected design across future-forward devices and services.
150 California St. 9th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94111