UX & UI Senior Design Lead
iamota is looking for a UX & UI Senior Design Lead to join their office in Vancouver.
Location: Vancouver / Canada
Position: UX & UI Senior Design Lead
We’re a design-led digital agency with a focus on e-commerce.
We help our clients tell their stories, sell their products and design their services. We’re on the path to becoming a leading e-commerce agency in North America by building on our portfolio of omni-channel clients with a focus on food and health; beauty and wellness; retail; and apparel.
We work with big brands (Unilever, Kal Tire, London Drugs, Nature’s Path Foods, Sugoi, Alive Publishing Group, Genuine Health, Manitoba Harvest and many others) and have a great time doing it.
We’re looking for a UX & UI Senior Design Lead to join us immediately. This person will report to the Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) and help the UX and UI design team grow and learn.
They will bring a collaborative design approach to engage clients and team members across the research, strategy, design and development work phases.
Note: we’re only pursuing candidates with existing paperwork to legally work in Canada and are available to work on site at our downtown Vancouver office.
Areas Of Focus:
• You’re at ease leading design team growth and leading specific project design in cross functional teams
• Provide UX & UI direction and lead design concepts, workshops (internal and with clients), design mock-ups and documentation as required. Outputs may include:
– Research reports
– Personas, user experience maps, service blueprints
– Detailed site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, page flows, paths to purchase, etc.
– Wireframes and annotations
– Low and / or hi-fi prototypes that represent design flow and interaction recommendations
– Detailed visuals / mockups
• Usability testing including UTP and conducting or outsourcing research
• Foster a greater understanding and appreciation of UX and UI design, including e-commerce, for the broader team and clients
• Manage and grow talent with a planned approach on the design team to ensure we have the support and firepower for success. This includes full-time team members and a roster of freelance talent to step up for select projects
• Provide important leadership and guidance to both the client and the internal teams by presenting / creating potential solutions
• Collaborate to ensure the best user experience and business outcomes for clients and at the same time leverage internal assets (people, knowledge, platforms, component library and code) to help deliver faster, better work
• Drive creativity and focus innovation/effort in high priority ROI areas
• Find ways to reduce complexity, risk, simplify or justify removing low level requirements
• Understand the client, their competitors and key industry trends to help inform the right potential solutions
• Work with Project Managers with UX and UI related project scoping
• Ability to articulate and present the challenge, the design journey and the recommended design solutions to team and clients
• Make your mark by being an influential voice internally and with our clients; be sought after and listened to because of your thinking, ability to define the right challenges to be solved; your problem solving, relationships and true understanding of end user and business needs
• Communicate effectively to all project stakeholders: clients, project director / manager, designers, tech leads, developers
• Assist with new business pitches – documents and presentations
• Meet with the CSO and CEO on a regular basis to flag any gaps in talent, delivery or execution
Who We’re Looking For:
• You have designed user-centered e-commerce solutions and know how they fit into larger omni-channel e-commerce customer journeys
• Solid experience in both UX and UI design; bonus points for service design
• A complex problem solver. You’re great at asking questions of clients and team members to ensure we’re focussed on the right problem to be solved
• An active player who has mentored/coached and grown UX/UI design teams previously
• You can translate requirements into design specifications
• Proficient with creative workflows and the latest tools including: Sketch; Invision + Craft; and Adobe CS; and prototyping tools such as Framer / Framer X
• Some B2C e-commerce related experience
• Platform experience in Shopify Plus; WordPress; Demandware / SFCC;
• You love to learn and teach. You carry no ego and no sense of entitlement
• A confident communicator (written and verbal) both internally and to clients
• Self motivated and ambitious with a desire to work smarter
• Professional schooling or learning (e.g. training courses, post secondary, online learning—tell us more)
• 5+ years experience working within a client services environment (i.e. agency), or similar client side environment requiring fast study; thinking and action
Perks At Iamota:
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the iamota team, we offer a competitive compensation package, top-tier benefits and countless perks like extended holidays. No one likes to work on their birthday – at iamota it’s a mandatory day off.
As a member of the team, you’ll be working in a casual atmosphere punctuated by memes, animated gifs, conversational #hashtags, breakout nerf basketball tournaments and beer Fridays, and you’ll be situated in the vibrant neighbourhood of Yaletown.
How To Apply:
If you think we’re a perfect match, please email firstname.lastname@example.org including:
• Your resume
• A cover letter
• Link to your portfolio or relevant case studies
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted. No recruiters, agencies or phone calls, please.
Job Application Link: https://www.iamota.com/careers/ux-ui-senior-design-lead/