iamota is looking for a UX/UI Designer to join their office in Vancouver.
We’re looking for a UX/UI Designer to join us immediately. The UX/UI Designer works collaboratively across project teams consisting of strategy, project management and development to deliver remarkable digital experiences for people across all screens.
Areas of focus:
• Craft intuitive website and e-commerce experiences, leveraging UX and UI design systems, components, patterns and standards
• Produce design deliverables utilizing Sketch, Invision and/or other prototyping
– Detailed site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, page flows, paths to purchase, etc.
– Wireframes, annotations, and prototypes that represent design flow and interaction recommendations
– Detailed visuals / mockups
• Stay up-to-date on trends, best practices, new advances, and new platforms in the digital product space
• Pushing boundaries and drive change in design process and approach
• Ability to think and operate in terms of design systems (think Atomic Design) – be it working from existing design systems, evolving design systems or defining new design systems
• Experiment with different interaction patterns and flows, from pre-defined components to out-of-the box concepts
• Collaborate with design and development to ensure design system approach meets end user needs
• Proven creative thinking and problem-solving skills
• Ability to accommodate tight deadlines and solution to constraints (platform and budget related)
• Thorough, detail-oriented, and highly organized
• Proven interpersonal skills, client relation skills, and ability to work in and contribute to a positive make-it-happen team environment
• Can speak to UX & UI design decisions and unveil the ‘why’ behind your work – be it to the internal team and/ or to the client
• Can lead discussions around your process, explorations, thinking and conclusions
• Participate in an open, collaborative, and inclusive office environment
Who we’re looking for:
• At least 3 years of experience in designing UX & UI for web and mobile.
• At least 2 years experience in the role of user experience designer, experience architect, information architect, interaction designer, or similar role.
• Experience applying research and analysis to design and strategy.
• Experience with: design systems, user-centered design techniques; design sprints & team based concepting.
• You have experience in and a passion for e-commerce (ideally Shopify and Demandware (SFCC))
• High proficiency in using Sketch, InVision, Keynote, Framer or similar design and prototyping tools
• A solid portfolio of product work that can speak to both your UX and visual design skills
• You receive feedback well and can iterate on your designs, no matter how attached to them you are
• You’re not a jerk—please leave your ego at home
Note: we’re only pursuing candidates with existing paperwork to legally work in Canada and are available to work on site at our downtown Vancouver office.
Job Application Link: https://www.iamota.com/careers/#current-open-positions